Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who In Your Opinion Is The Best Fighter Of All Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duran the quitter? With a weak nominee like that you may as well add Aaron Pryor and Joe Frazier on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
      Duran the quitter? With a weak nominee like that you may as well add Aaron Pryor and Joe Frazier on this list.
      how do you figure Duran was a weak nominee when he was pretty much the best lightweight ever to lace 'em up? Definately not the "best" ever but certainly far from a "weak" nominee

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddy_Vh View Post
        how do you figure Duran was a weak nominee when he was pretty much the best lightweight ever to lace 'em up? Definately not the "best" ever but certainly far from a "weak" nominee

You aren't talking to a rational fan of the sport, but a troll who's opinions are mostly either laughed at or ignored.

Comment

Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson....i can't make up my mind..some days i feel Ali was the best ever and other days i look at Ray Robinson and think this guy is the best....but today i'm going to say Ali

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            I am far from an expert on this, but i think there are 5 stats that i consider: 1) How many Hall of Fame fighers you beat? 2)Title defenses 3)number of weight classes or varied amount of weight you fought at? 4) Won-loss record, 5) Impact on sport as revolutionizing the sport or adding style- in other words influence.

I think of a few stick out Robsinson, Ali, Armstrong, and Louis. Correct me if I am Wrong? But i think both Ali and Robinson hold the record for beating the most number of fighters who are in the Hall of Fame-7. Ali beat hall of famers Moore,Paterson, Liston, Foster, Norton, Frazier, Foreman. He was a 3 time champ and only his last 2 opponents when he was over the hill Holmes and Berbick are the only guys who beat him that he didnt beat. Robinson also beat 7 hall of famers Lamotta,Graziano, Fullmer, Zivic Armstrong, Basillo, and Kid Gavilan. He had over 200 fights and fought at several weight classes, this is why i give him the slight edge.

My vote 1-Robinson, 2-Ali, 3-Armstrong, 4-Louis. Of course, its all subjective like choosing who is the greatest composer?
            Greb also has possibly the highest list of HOF beaten along with those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cez View Post
              damn who is bob fitzsimmons.....
              ali was and is the greatest of all time
              Ugggghhh. It's ok to be new to the sport but educate yoself!

1.Robinson 2. Armstrong 3. Ali

Jumping weightclasses holds alot of water for me, something Ali & co just didn't have the opportunity to do.

Comment

Sugar Ray Robinson. With Henry Armstrong second and Muhammad Ali third.

Comment

how come there is no henry armstrong?

Comment

It's Sugar Ray Robinson, Henry Armstrong, and Muhammad Ali. And Henry should be on the poll, as he does have the next most legitimate claim after SRR.

Comment

There are so many greats, it's very difficult to compare which one was truly the greatest. Despite the criticizm and skeptism, i still believe ALI is the greatest.

Comment

Working...
                      X