Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driving lessons cost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recon you'll need a minium of 20 hours on the road, which usually is 20 lessons, at 20 a pop. However some argue paying more is better as you cover more ground. Expect them the cost to go up though....damn petrol etc.

Comment

I paid £20 an hour for my lessons, between 30 and 40 quid for my theory and then u pay about 70 for your actual test (you pay an hour rate to your tutor as you normally use their car). I started off with 2 hour lessons to get as much done as possible then went onto 1 hour lessons did about 20 hours worth of lessons.
      Seriously though if you want to find out the proper details of driving lessons why don't you just go to www.dsa.gov.uk ?

Comment

£40 for 2 hours.

Comment

my bro gave me a 3 hours lesson of how the car worked then i learned by myself driving around town
          of course i crashed 3 times

Comment

Originally posted by ElGranLuchador View Post
            my bro gave me a 3 hours lesson of how the car worked then i learned by myself driving around town
            of course i crashed 3 times
            Driving by yourself without a license? or guardian? :-S

EDIT: Mexico, my bad.

Also I'd recommend taking the car out with a guardian before commencing lessons, as the clutch when driving is half the battle in my opinion. As soon as you come to terms witht he fact you got to put it down when you stop, need to press it for changing gears, how to find the biting point, and to pull off etc.

The rest takes less time to learn imo such as roundabout positions, signaling?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky_Hatton View Post
              Driving by yourself without a license? or guardian? :-S

EDIT: Mexico, my bad.

Also I'd recommend taking the car out with a guardian before commencing lessons, as the clutch when driving is half the battle in my opinion. As soon as you come to terms witht he fact you got to put it down when you stop, need to press it for changing gears, how to find the biting point, and to pull off etc.

The rest takes less time to learn imo such as roundabout positions, signaling?

I never got any extra practice since I didn't have a car and couldn't be bothered asking anyone. So I only ever drove on my lessons and I had about 30 hour long lessons in total. I think I was ready for the test earlier but my instructor kept pushing for a few more lessons cos she liked getting paid, so she did.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                Hahahahahaha!!!

I booked a crash course. 24 hours driving and my test included for £450

Where did you do this Tuggerz?.

I've been looking into it, but so far have only found a place in Blackpool. But you had to stay in a hotel in blackpool for a week and i didn't really fancy that at all.

I want to drive but can't be arsed with the lessons lol, just want the car.

Comment

Mate after 1 or 2 lessons and you're on the road with other drivers, you'll love it, I kept putting off driving for ages as I was just worried that I would be behind the wheel of a car. Not only that prices will probably start going up sooner rather than later, petrol isn't getting cheaper afterall.

Comment

Learning to drive was the easy part, drive-by sexual assault was difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                      I never got any extra practice since I didn't have a car and couldn't be bothered asking anyone. So I only ever drove on my lessons and I had about 30 hour long lessons in total. I think I was ready for the test earlier but my instructor kept pushing for a few more lessons cos she liked getting paid, so she did.
                      Fair enoughs everyone's different, but didn't you feel you wasted at least 20 quid or more on your first few lessons? lol.

I think the cost of the test is going up again cause my instructor kept badgering me to do it early.

Comment

Working...
                      X