No announcement yet.

St. Louis cop shoots off duty cop after he offered assistance in car chase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    Until those good cops start enforcing the law and turning in the bad cops I consider all of them bad.
    Simon......

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Man, one of the problems is the way police officers are screened and chosen. They are all pretty much cut from the same fabric.

If you look at police background investigations they focus on a persons history mostly criminal. I know background investigators go and speak to individuals about the potential candidate but all this does nothing to show how a person would react in certain situations with certain people. Background investigations also dont touch on ones perception of how society works outside of their own insight.

Possible some, but like Motorcity Cobra said it is mainly due to training. Cops here in Nova Scotia are much more relaxed and chilled out than the cops in the US. Yes we get crime here also, but the cops are far less likely to remove their guns from their holsters unless they perceive a true and real threat. The US cops are super edgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        See its the mindset. Cops have recruited others that think and act just like them and itll never stop because you cant just wipe out the entire police force(s) in the USA. The reform needs to start in recruiting. I would rather have a cop thats stolen a pack of gum as a teen or smokes a joint occasionally than an angry ass dude that thinks his **** dont stink running around with a gun looking for a reason/excuse.

Dont get me wrong though, Cops have a very tough job and I commend them for it, I just think the system is broken from the inside out.
        Tell me about it. Guys like SugarAdamAli, ElroyTheGreat, and 1bad65 would probably easily get into the police academy. They would probably end up in incidents like these. Thank God one is a bar/restaurant owner, one works in a lab. I don't know what Elroy does but I hope he isn't a cop or wants to be one.

Comment

Until those good cops start enforcing the law and turning in the bad cops I consider all of them bad.
          I could (If I was ignorant) say the same thing about a certain group of individuals who are 13% of the US population, but commit nearly 50% of all violent crime each year....Not to mention the general crappiness/unkemptness of most of their neighborhoods....which you don't really see in any other group...

But cue excuses about it being the "systems fault."
          Last edited by animalfan10; 06-23-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I think we can all agree that if some cops extinguished motorcity's pathetic existence they'd be acting in the interests of society

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
              Could (If I was ignorant) say the same thing about a certain group of individuals who are 13% of the US population, but commit nearly 50% of all violent crime each year....Not to mention the general crappiness/unkemptness of most of their neighborhoods....which you don't really see in any other group...

But cue excuses about it being the "systems fault."
              I said if the "good cops" don't enforce the law (THEIR JOB) and report the bad cops then the good cops aren't good.

I don't understand how you're trying to tie that to crime statistics.

Comment

I said if the "good cops" don't enforce the law (THEIR JOB) and report the bad cops then the good cops aren't good.

I don't understand how you're trying to tie that to crime statistics.
                The point in general is dumb...You act like every random Officer in any department has direct knowledge of the "bad ones" and just fails to report on them for whatever reason....The thing is the small percentage of "Bad ones" likely hide their "bad dealings" from other Officers....Hence the Good ones can't turn them in even if they would do it since they are unaware....

You don't like Cops....Stop trying to sugarcoat it....You may even have some real reason to dislike Cops...If you actually have a real reason I am all for it...Of course people are going to dislike something they have had a bad experience with...If you just hate Cops because of some imaginary persecution complex than I think you need to grow up and get a damn life...The real world is not the same as your "Race and Sexuality studies 101" class you had in College...In reality most people of all races only care about their own immediate family/friends and getting through each day without any problems....They aren't in on some grand diabolical conspiracy to hold back your race and prevent them from having equal rights...

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
                  The point in general is dumb...You act like every random Officer in any department has direct knowledge of the "bad ones" and just fails to report on them for whatever reason....The thing is the small percentage of "Bad ones" likely hide their "bad dealings" from other Officers....Hence the Good ones can't turn them in even if they would do it since they are unaware....

You don't like Cops....Stop trying to sugarcoat it....You may even have some real reason to dislike Cops...If you actually have a real reason I am all for it...Of course people are going to dislike something they have had a bad experience with...If you just hate Cops because of some imaginary persecution complex than I think you need to grow up and get a damn life...The real world is not the same as your "Race and Sexuality studies 101" class you had in College...In reality most people of all races only care about their own immediate family/friends and getting through each day without any problems...not some grand diabolical conspiracy to hold back your race...
                  The "good cops" I keep hearing about keep letting the "bad cops" get away with it. Their job is to enforce the law. They need to start doing it and weeding out the so called bad cops. They're complicit. Just like the officer in the video who turned off the mic while the other officer was cursing and beating the driver he pulled over. He's just as guilty as the cop beating on the dude.

Comment

by many, you mean the handful of instances you posted ?!?!?

oh, i forgot. cops are supposed to be 10000% perfect (even though theyre human beneath the uniform). becoming a professional doesnt make a human infallible. it all depends on the training, thorough background checks and screening out process. and guess what....humans are doing that job too.

what would people do with themselves if cops, docs and lawyers were 10000 % perfect and mistake free......

Comment

''you wish you were me.''

Comment

Working...
                      X