Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
    lol.

No professional fighter has it easy you dumb fùck
    within the confines of the sport, a fighter certainly can have it easy.

hence

Comment

• It's crazy how people will doggedly defend Marciano. The far superior Jack Dempsey or Gene Tunney never seem to get the same amount of love.

That undefeated record does not make him the best heavyweight ever.
      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-04-2016, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        It's crazy how people will doggedly defend Marciano. The far superior Jack Dempsey or Gene Tunney never seem to get the same amount of love.

That undefeated record does not make him the best heavyweight ever.
        they take it as a personal slight...

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Everything i state /post is true regarding REAL life things....ive studied ALL combat longer than youve been alive save the " i know better now" speech for the ray corsos who probably would agree with alot you say bc the guy is shot . I don't really deal with ppl in this section much its a waste of time really ,i have my own real name on my own pg for serious fight fans that ask me or want realistic insight on ANY fight sport! Im betting you haven't been in a ring and i think you know i have which has been pointed out since ive been here ,who believes it or not i dont really care !!!!!!!!!!!!
          you bet bet wrong. fought as an am 12 fights 4 losses STUDENT of the game iknow my history.

Comment

• most people responding don't know anything about boxing, let alone Louis and Rocky. Fighters back then had real skills that are long forgotten.

Rocky was face first but you can't hit a guy if his heads on your chest and he's crouching almost down to knee level when he steps in. Noobs on here seem to relate punching power to weight for some reason, even though there are literally a billion fight tapes saying otherwise. Noobs on here don't even know what generates a knockout either.

You got a huge man throwing arm punches and you got a little man throwing sharp leveraged shots. 2 different things.

It's no different than a 130 lb asian man beating a 250 lb body builder in an arm wrestle, it's called TECHNIQUE. Boxing was a trade back then not a soap opera like it is nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              most people responding don't know anything about boxing, let alone Louis and Rocky. Fighters back then had real skills that are long forgotten.

Rocky was face first but you can't hit a guy if his heads on your chest and he's crouching almost down to knee level when he steps in. Noobs on here seem to relate punching power to weight for some reason, even though there are literally a billion fight tapes saying otherwise. Noobs on here don't even know what generates a knockout either.

You got a huge man throwing arm punches and you got a little man throwing sharp leveraged shots. 2 different things.

It's no different than a 130 lb asian man beating a 250 lb body builder in an arm wrestle, it's called TECHNIQUE. Boxing was a trade back then not a soap opera like it is nowadays.
              that said, rocky wasnt a hard target to hit and his main opponents werent prime. that is the crux of this debate. id put prime louis d above rockys as well as technique. tbf, louis resume isnt that impressive either. h2h, i cant see rocky doing anything to rattle joe other than landing a lucky heymaker.

Comment

• Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                you bet bet wrong. fought as an am 12 fights 4 losses STUDENT of the game iknow my history.
                you know your history but cant see clearly Holyfield beat holmes? Kind of suspect...you also claimed Rocky wasn't a hard target to hit which is false ,bc most guys had difficulty with his duck under style.

Weather you fought or not doesn't make you smart....The entire Fury clan thought Martin was going to beat Joshua as example!

If weight doesn't amount most of the time to knock out power where are all these under 220 top Hw elite guys at? Weight divisions is a direct result of weight itself. In the following weeks I will show you the rarity of a much smaller power puncher that can hit like a Hw but these are rare accurances.

All you have to do is use math and look at the statistics to prove you wrong that weight plays a direct coorelation to why knock out percentages drop with size of opponent. Techniques of the punches thrown haven't changed as much as the actual footwork....fighting a moving big man will be a big advantage over a smaller guy, how do you really think Marciano would do against a fast moving,great jab all around solid guy like 6'4 230 Buster Douglas? Do you like his chances knowing he doesn't have the footwork or athletism? how does he do around that 83 inch reach popping jab in his face? do you think buster is going to stand there and let Marciano chest smother him? Size don't matter to those who dont know or never fought bigger guys with reach who are legit boxers who will have the ability to keep 5'10 guys with slow feet on the outside....these are why weight classes were made.

And im using Douglas becasuse he was one of the better 80's fighters with height reach and weight and a legit good technition whos overlooked b/c he isn't a Marciano figure in history of boxing vs a famous past time 5'10 185 pounder dominant era HW to show why size is important b/c Douglas wasn't a hard puncher in his time,but would be Marcianos .If you gave Douglas Marcianos heart he would have probably been better than Holmes.
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-05-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post

.....moving on.......

rudimentary defensive ''skill''. even shot jorge paez was able to pull those moves.

la starza (known for what ? almost beating rocky. nothing else)
                  layne uummmm......

sry but the PRIME names just arent there. and let me make this clear. i dont mean to disparage a fighter ''just because''. i really think rocky had it very easy and it wasnt because he was ''that good''.

just mho.
                  Just because the guys Rocky fought aren't household names doesn't mean they weren't quality. Lastarza and Rex Layne had plenty of talent not to mention all of the other great fighters Rocky fought.

Just because I'm saying he wasn't easy to hit doesn't mean he was a defensive wizard like Sweet Pea or Mayweather.

Rocky was an offensive fighter not a defensive one. He wasn't an all around fighter he was a brawler-swarmer. He threw a hundred HARD punches which is one of the things that made him so destructive. Like Moore said it was the quantity of his punches that wore you down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                    Just because the guys Rocky fought aren't household names doesn't mean they weren't quality. Lastarza and Rex Layne had plenty of talent not to mention all of the other great fighters Rocky fought.

Just because I'm saying he wasn't easy to hit doesn't mean he was a defensive wizard like Sweet Pea or Mayweather.

Rocky was an offensive fighter not a defensive one. He wasn't an all around fighter he was a brawler-swarmer. He threw a hundred HARD punches which is one of the things that made him so destructive. Like Moore said it was the quantity of his punches that wore you down.
                    fair enough. and its not fair of me to say rocky wouldnt have beaten guys if hed fought them in their primes. im just not a fan of that style. he made it work for him, no question.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      you know your history but cant see clearly Holyfield beat holmes? Kind of suspect...you also claimed Rocky wasn't a hard target to hit which is false ,bc most guys had difficulty with his duck under style.

Weather you fought or not doesn't make you smart....The entire Fury clan thought Martin was going to beat Joshua as example!

If weight doesn't amount most of the time to knock out power where are all these under 220 top Hw elite guys at? Weight divisions is a direct result of weight itself. In the following weeks I will show you the rarity of a much smaller power puncher that can hit like a Hw but these are rare accurances.

All you have to do is use math and look at the statistics to prove you wrong that weight plays a direct coorelation to why knock out percentages drop with size of opponent. Techniques of the punches thrown haven't changed as much as the actual footwork....fighting a moving big man will be a big advantage over a smaller guy, how do you really think Marciano would do against a fast moving,great jab all around solid guy like 6'4 230 Buster Douglas? Do you like his chances knowing he doesn't have the footwork or athletism? how does he do around that 83 inch reach popping jab in his face? do you think buster is going to stand there and let Marciano chest smother him? Size don't matter to those who dont know or never fought bigger guys with reach who are legit boxers who will have the ability to keep 5'10 guys with slow feet on the outside....these are why weight classes were made.

And im using Douglas becasuse he was one of the better 80's fighters with height reach and weight and a legit good technition whos overlooked b/c he isn't a Marciano figure in history of boxing vs a famous past time 5'10 185 pounder dominant era HW to show why size is important b/c Douglas wasn't a hard puncher in his time,but would be Marcianos .If you gave Douglas Marcianos heart he would have probably been better than Holmes.
                      man my last post I just said Rocky was hard to hit, he smothered guys and got in far too close. Quote me right at least...

Comment

Working...
                      X