No announcement yet.

"Lemeiux was a nobody. GGG shouldn't have fought him"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
    So come you nancys. Lets lay it on the line now. We all know you're going to pick David to win and expose GGG. After he gets his schit pushed in and knocked out like everyone else, we already know the excuses that will come out of your filthy, unbrushed mouths. Sign here____ so we know who said Lemeiux was garbage from the jump.
    Yeah poor GGG, he hasn't got any hype and he isn't the most dickrided fighter despite his world class resume. I don't know when they stop to verbally hurt this guy.

I won't say that Lemieux will expose him because Lemieux is an exciting but crude brawler who isn't on a higher level than the likes of Geale. Not at all. Sorry but Golovkin's resume wouldn't be much more impressive with a win over Lemieux, his best win would be still Murray. Maybe you will stop bitching if I tell you even before the fight, if they fight anytime...

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      He's a title holder and better than the guy Cotto fought in his last fight, so it's not bad. The guy has power, gotta give him that at the very least. I'm not sure he's improved since his two really poor performances, but he's looked great in past several fights so who knows. He's shown to me at least he's a solid middleweight by beating N'Dam/Rosado. Doesn't matter though, the idea here is to unify, that's the whole point.

Boxing fans, particularly on NSB, are really weird. People have long complained there are too many belts and too many champions, so you'd think the vast majority would want to see guys unify their own divisions for the sake of clarity and having one champion. But there are always excuses these days, especially when it comes to Golovkin - "GGG would beat this guy so he shouldn't even fight him!" and "the WBC/Lineal middleweight champion is too small, therefore Golovkin should go fuck himself and move up a weight class!". Strange indeed that fans criticize Golovkin for wanting to unify and beat the best guys in his own weight class.

I guess that leaves me in the minority. I have always wanted guys to clean out divisions and unify when possible. The best fighting the best in each weight class is what I want to see happen, always. Typically, but not always, hold this in higher regard than jumping up a weight class and beating some random title holder before moving on. Cleaning out divisions (meaning unifying and fighting the top guys) is important. Not always, especially when it comes to young guys in the lower weight classes who naturally move up as they grow into their bodies, but established fighters like Hopkins or Ward taking care of their respected weight classes leaving no doubt is highly respectful and dutiful (this is what you're supposed to be doing, imo).
      I'm certainly not complaining about it at all. Golovkin wants to unify, and that's what this would be if it happens. I have zero problem with a Lemieux fight.

I just have a problem with saying he's the best opponent Golovkin would have fought so far.

Comment

First if all all the ppl who are Lemieux fans now abd back in the day are all Golovkin fans. No1 with half a brain rates Lemieux that high. He's a decent level guy. No better than Geale or Murray. Maybe even a little worse tbh. The only reason this is a bit of an interesting fight is the power aapect. Bit it will be done different from Golovkin vs Stevens.

Comment

Yup. Just a few weeks ago, people were saying Lemeiuex would be the one guy to give credence to gggs resume. Now, those same guys are putting Lemeiuex as an opponent, down.

Comment

Lemieux is arguably in the top 3 at mw. I can't imagine how someone could complain about this, yet, somehow they will.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              I'd like to see Lemieux land flush a few times, to see how Golovkin deals with it. The problem is, I'm not sure he can.
              Lemieux should be able to land at will.
              I mean, GGG is just a face first brawler with no defense. He doesn't even use the Philly shell FFS lol
              (this is sarcasm)

Comment

Lemeiux is a World champion. GGG has never fought a belt holder. So, the unification element alone gives it credibility. Not to mention the guy Lemeiux beat is no joke and he himself had earned his shot at the belt.

You GGG fans should be happy it isn't Billy Joe Saunders cuz then the excuse would be no power, which isn't to say he isn't a good fighter. Of course as it is with every fight there will be detractors for this one, but it must be hard if it is Lemeiux.

Comment

Working...
                X