No announcement yet.

WBC To Order Immediate Rematch For Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC To Order Immediate Rematch For Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Heavyweight world titlist Deontay Wilder (40-0-1, 39 KOs) and lineal champion Tyson Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) have both said repeatedly since their split draw in a terrific fight last Saturday in Los Angeles that they want a rematch and while the camps can certainly get together and hammer out deal, they are about to be mandated to make one. The WBC, which sanctions Wilder’s title, plans to order an immediate rematch, according to a source with knowledge of the sanctioning body’s plans. The WBC board of governors is in the process of voting on the proposal and ordering a direct rematch has near-unanimous support, according to the source.
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41047577-4

I mean not really a surprise and not sure it would even matter since it seemed to be heading that way anyways, but now we can move on from Joshua vs Wilder or Fury in April talks.

They should do it April 13.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
      They should do it April 13.
      LOL, that would be funny if they did so but Espinoza is targeting May for the rematch. Says April a bit too soon.

Comment

Good, these two shouldn't fight anyone else. They both deserve a legacy defining fight by having the chance at beating an undefeated champion (Fury being somewhat lineal).

The two guys are warriors and what HWs should be (provided they accept the immediate rematch)

Comment

Good. Any title fight that ends in a Draw should automatically result in a rematch, especially one as high level as this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
            Good. Any title fight that ends in a Draw should automatically result in a rematch, especially one as high level as this one.
            Yep. That should be standard. Don't let fighters take the draw and run with it.

Not saying Wilder would, but some would

Comment

Eddie will be so happy to make Joshua vs Whyte II.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Eddie will be so happy to make Joshua vs Whyte II.
                Del Boy is going to ruin the dream

Comment

I'd prefer this fight in England after what happened last time, but I can't see it, so put it in the Barclays Center

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                    I'd prefer this fight in England after what happened last time, but I can't see it, so put it in the Barclays Center
                    1 Vegas
                    2 Brooklyn
                    3 UK
                    4 LA

Comment

Working...
                    X