No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury was off balance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury was off balance

Don't get me wrong it was two great shots that landed, but those shots did not disconnect Tyson from his legs. As the right hand lands he goes to take a step back with his lead foot, crossing his legs and making him off balance to his left, then the left hook, while very powerful don't get me wrong, came and continued his momentum making him fall over to his left while his feet were crossed.

He then hit his head very, very hard on the canvas, however, he is very lucky it the CANVAS did not land flush as he caught himself with his arm and thick back slightly, before it bounced off the ring.

I think the CANVAS was the most damaging part and made him stay down for 4 seconds to gather himself. Though, it was a great highlight.

he was out for about 3 seconds imo but he got up and fought back hard

Comment

He wasn’t off balance. He ducked and got caught and showed the chin of Ali and the intestinal fortitude of Buster to get up from two hellacious shots lol...

Comment

Oh. That’s not what Tyson says,but thanks for clarifying

Comment

Nah it was a genuine knockdown.

I don't think he was ever out cold like some claim. You don't go from behind out cold to being up, your legs and senses ok and start fighting back.

It was a heavy knockdown, but i don't think it was some "miracle" that he got up. He was ok when he got up and had his senses about him even when he was on the floor and the ref got to about 5.

Comment

I've posted to watch Fury's left arm. He knows how to break a fall well. He has it out to slap the canvas. EVen after the 2nd punch, his arm does not go limp and slams the canvas. It would have been much worse if he hadn't done that.

Since by about 3, I can see him move his eyes to his right at the ref and soon is up w.o. wobble and then hops to his left, not merely walks to obey Reiss's command, he either was never unconscious or at most for 2 seconds.

Those were far from Wilder's hardest shots.

See Frazier Ali I , 15th rd. Despite Frazier leaping with a thunderous left hook into Ali's jaw, Ali appears to never be unconscious and gets up quickly. A KD does not equate necessarily with unconsciousness.

Comment

Working...
            X