No announcement yet.

Honest question, how has any president personally changed your life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    Richard Nixon. His administration instituted a lottery instead of a draft in the later stages of the Vietnam war. In 1971 I got a high number in the lottery, meaning I didn't have to go into the jungles. I had a college deferment the previous 2 yrs....went to college for free because the liberal NYC administration allowed anyone with a NY state high school diploma go to CUNY for free. I had no money for college plus my hs grades were so poor that I couldn't get accepted anywhere.

So a very conservative President and a very liberal Major helped me out.

Amazing, yes?
    And this helped you how? What job did you get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      And this helped you how? What job did you get out of it.
      I guess I have to spell it out for you:
      .....because...of...the.....lottery....I.....was.. ..not.....drafted.....and.....sent....to.....Vietn am.....where....I.....would.... have.....been...blown....to....pieces.

Ok? Got it now?

Comment

I guess I have to spell it out for you:
        .....because...of...the.....lottery....I.....was.. ..not.....drafted.....and.....sent....to.....Vietn am.....where....I.....would.... have.....been...blown....to....pieces.

Ok? Got it now?
        I would of thought not getting picked would have dissapointed you.
        Didn't you feel the need to go to war for your country?

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          I would of thought not getting picked would have dissapointed you.
          Didn't you feel the need to go to war for your country?
          Give m e a break, boy. Learn a little bit about the Vietnam war besides a Rambo movie then come back here and apologize to me.

Comment

Give m e a break, boy. Learn a little bit about the Vietnam war besides a Rambo movie then come back here and apologize to me.
            Romanticizing war.

Comment

Blaster is another lost soul. No education at all regarding the Vietnam war I assume?

Comment

Under trump keeping more of my $, and my investments are killin it and making more % than any other time period of the past 20 yrs or so, so thats good.

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
                  Under trump keeping more of my $, and my investments are killin it and making more % than any other time period of the past 20 yrs or so, so thats good.
                  I agree with this. I am making more because of the tax break. My investments were better in 2017 then 2018 but I will credit Trump partly for this for being market friendly so investors had more confidence with him in office.

However, I am a bit worried that this while great for me in the short term, we'll have to pay the piper later, but until then... all good.

So yeah with Trump's tax cuts I get around $100 more a paycheck with same deductions.

Comment

Saving account is not an investment. If you mean the stock market it increased while Obama was in office significantly. All time highs.

Comment

Ok Moosshasi im so so sorry. I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                      X