Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get excited for Loma-Tank or Loma-Mikey. Al Haymon will block it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey is free agent, he's not signed with Haymon. Why are Loma fanboys even talking about Tank? He's fat, out of shape, and not even a champion. You'd think the "best fighter in the world" would be setting his sights higher.
    Last edited by Floyd is TBE; 12-11-2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
      Wow. Not real surprising, though. The PBC fighters usually fight decent fighters but not the fighters we really want to see them fight. The lineup for the PBC welters in 2019 is total trash. As usual, none of the names are fighting each other. Thurman needs an easy fight back. I get that part, but what about Porter, Spence and Garcia? The Mikey fight is stupid all the way around. And Garcia-Granados? Oh my God. Let me contain my exctiement. I wonder who will win. Haha. And Porter's opponent is decent but I see porter winning easily. Just usual BS from them. Glad they actually put Stevenson in with Gzodzdyk though.
      They had no choice with Gvozdyk. It was mandated and they'd ducked the mandatory for three years just Arum made sure that wouldn't happen to his guy. Still they got the fight in Stevenson's hometown with a biased ref and awful judges.

Haymon blocks more matches then anybody but they are good at shifting the blame and their sheep like fans just follow everything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        I don't know about Tank and why that fight isn't happening, At one stage i know Mayweather wanted that fight for Tank, With Mikey i really don't know what the story is or was. He is a free agent so you can't accuse anyone of "Blocking" in that instance.
        Floyd didn't really want that fight, he just wanted to mess with Tank after he supposedly slept with Floyd's daughter.

As for Top Rank making fights with other promoters? Sure, as long as other promoters send their guys to their network. Only time they fight elsewhere is if they lose a purse bid. Want to see TC or Lomachenko? Then you have to come to ESPN. Sorry, but Spence/TC or Garcia/Lomachenko doesn't warrant a split PPV. Neither fight is big enough for that. You can do that with MEGA events like Tyson/Lewis and Mayweather/Pacquiao, but for those two fights? Not happening.

What will be interesting is if Lomachenko/Crolla goes to purse bid. What will Arum do if they lose that bid and the fight has to take place on DAZN? Actually rooting for that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
          Floyd didn't really want that fight, he just wanted to mess with Tank after he supposedly slept with Floyd's daughter.

As for Top Rank making fights with other promoters? Sure, as long as other promoters send their guys to their network. Only time they fight elsewhere is if they lose a purse bid. Want to see TC or Lomachenko? Then you have to come to ESPN. Sorry, but Spence/TC or Garcia/Lomachenko doesn't warrant a split PPV. Neither fight is big enough for that. You can do that with MEGA events like Tyson/Lewis and Mayweather/Pacquiao, but for those two fights? Not happening.

What will be interesting is if Lomachenko/Crolla goes to purse bid. What will Arum do if they lose that bid and the fight has to take place on DAZN? Actually rooting for that scenario.
          Loma beats Corolla easy so I don't think there will be an issue. It was like Loma./Russell. Arum will listen to his matchmakers as always. Can't knock his success over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd is TBE View Post
            Mikey is free agent, he's not signed with Haymon. Why are Loma fanboys even talking about Tank? He's fat, out of shape, and not even a champion. You'd think the "best fighter in the world" would be setting his sights higher.
            You can't be serious. Everyone is calling for tank. **** tank is talking about Loma now.
            People are saying tank is the one to beat Loma so let's go!

Comment

Then am glad Loma is active and not waiting around for what is going on with Davis.

I doubt Top rank would care about Loma comig over here and destroying Crolla in front of a packed crowd, they would probably want to showcase him in the UK anyways. They might not want that fight on DAZN doe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                Loma beats Corolla easy so I don't think there will be an issue. It was like Loma./Russell. Arum will listen to his matchmakers as always. Can't knock his success over the years.
                Of course not, Arum is the GOAT for a reason.

However, it definitely will be an issue if DAZN wins the rights to the fight. Right now ESPN is relying heavily on Crawford and Lomachenko. If Hearn wins the purse bid and takes it to DAZN, will Arum let Lomachenko fight there or just vacate the belt? These are the types of fights Hearn desperately needs so I doubt he makes a deal before it gets to that point.

Lomachenko/GRJ was different. Yes, GBP won the purse bid of that fight, but TR just needed Lomachenko to win a belt at that point. So they could sell his story as he being a champion in three fights. Totally different situation now with their Top Rank deal. Lomachenko had little to no name value at that point, and now he is the second most popular fighter in that stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Then am glad Loma is active and not waiting around for what is going on with Davis.

I doubt Top rank would care about Loma comig over here and destroying Crolla in front of a packed crowd, they would probably want to showcase him in the UK anyways. They might not want that fight on DAZN doe.
                  Well, actually Hearn said if he wins the bid then he will put the fight stateside. Having Lomachenko in the UK does nothing for DAZN. How many subscribers is that going to add for that particular month? He needs a prime time slot with Lomachenko. Hearn knows Crolla has ZERO chance of winning but he doesn't really care. This is about his product, and not increasing Crolla's chances of winning.

Comment

Of course not, Arum is the GOAT for a reason.

However, it definitely will be an issue if DAZN wins the rights to the fight. Right now ESPN is relying heavily on Crawford and Lomachenko. If Hearn wins the purse bid and takes it to DAZN, will Arum let Lomachenko fight there or just vacate the belt? These are the types of fights Hearn desperately needs so I doubt he makes a deal before it gets to that point.

Lomachenko/GRJ was different. Yes, GBP won the purse bid of that fight, but TR just needed Lomachenko to win a belt at that point. So they could sell his story as he being a champion in three fights. Totally different situation now with their Top Rank deal. Lomachenko had little to no name value at that point, and now he is the second most popular fighter in that stable.
                    In that scenario Arum probably has him vacate the belt. If so , ESPN will find a way to spin it.

True, it is a much different time. I think there is more to gain by having Loma dominate on another network.

I had hoped ESPN getting involved in the sport would be a good thing. Same crap TR did at HBO they are doing on ESPN.

Comment

Well, actually Hearn said if he wins the bid then he will put the fight stateside. Having Lomachenko in the UK does nothing for DAZN. How many subscribers is that going to add for that particular month? He needs a prime time slot with Lomachenko. Hearn knows Crolla has ZERO chance of winning but he doesn't really care. This is about his product, and not increasing Crolla's chances of winning.
                      DAZN isn't in the UK, so that would probably add zero in subscribers terms. That fight doesn't make any sense in america.

Comment

Working...
                      X