Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury Ends in Controversial Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not seen the fight, so I am here for one reason: To own up to being wrong on Tyson Fury. The guy is world class and was obviously in fine prize fighter shape. His comeback fights were obviously nothing to him but paid sparring matches to get himself back in ring shape. I feel 2 knockdowns in a fight like this probably should have won it for Wilder, but again that is just knee jerk reaction to fight I will catch up on soon.

Very, VERY happy for Fury. I have said it several times: This sport is much more fun with Tyson Fury in it. I am glad I was wrong, glad he is still here and a force to be enjoyed.

Comment

• 1-2, 4, 9, 12 +2 for Wilder

Seems like 2, 9, and 12 are concensus Wilder rounds. I also gave him 1 and 4. IMO if you look at the first 5 rounds minus the 2nd and you can't find two toss-up rounds for the champion in his home country, you're not being honest with yourself.

With that said, great effort by Fury. I thought Wilder would run him over. Fury boxed well and tagged Wilder a good amount. I'd like to see a rematch but I think Fury is headed for a Joshua fight in April.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        My bro was PISSED when Fury hit the deck in the 12th; he knew that the KD would be the deciding factor.
        When Fury deck in the twelfth, I thought he was sleep. Even as a Wilder fan, I was a little bummed for Fury in that moment. I was thinking it kinda sux to put on that good a performance and have it snatched away from him with one shot.

Comment

• I feel so bad for Fury he is taking it so well compared to his trainer in the press conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by theman775 View Post
            Las Vegas got us good guys
            Hearn doesn't stand a chance. He doesn't know who he's dealing with.

Comment

• High ****ing drama, my friends. What an incredible bout.

Comment

• Fury at the post fight press conference showed a lot of respect to Wilder. And he said their is a reason why Joshua doesn’t want to fight him, he hits hard, I felt it. And I don’t know how I got up from the last one. Then he said something real funny. “I can actually move, Joshua can’t move, he would get knocked out.” I’m not sure about that but it was funny how he said it. And they said they want the rematch but want it in the UK. Wilder said he would do it in UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                  Watch again. Count started the second he touched the mat... He was up on 9.

With the TV clock... down on 2:22 up at 2:13. That's actually a fast count.
                  I was referring more to the fact that after tyson got up he allowed him few more second by asking him to walk to the corner then towards him again, all this after already having a chat with him.

Comment

• Bring the rematch to the UK and see Wilder lose. There's no way Wilder is leaving the UK with the belts in a rematch. A rusty Fury dominated Wilder until the KDs, took Wilder's best shots late in the fight and was kstill able to stand tall in a fight he should've officially won. Fury has the tools to beat Wilder: Boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorvernRob View Post
                      No, you claimed that in order to win, Fury would have had to win every round outside the two 10-8 rounds.

Several other people have already pointed out you were wrong. Even with the 2 KD’s, Wilder still needs 3 more rounds for a draw.
                      No, you are almost right. Wilder with the two knockdowns would have only needed two rounds which he got that made the score even in terms of rounds 6-6.

Comment

Working...
                      X