Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History

Old 10-13-2018, 09:14 PM #51
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 10202 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 35,942.44
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Cassius Clay won a gold medal in the Olympics defeating all his opponents pretty easily. So I don't think he would be out of his depth against Stevenson in a 3-round fight.

Stevenson on the other hand would have to adjust much more to stay competitive in a 15 rounder.
ShoulderRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-16-2018, 11:59 AM #52
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
billeau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond reputebilleau2 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 22,081.46
Grade A explanation of punching technique. - - Ram Raid - Knowledgeable - -Weltschmerz- Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- Lmao - -Scott-Weiland- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
The garbage people believe is staggering. Ali was a very fast starter. Stevenson would not be able to stay with him. Three rounds or fifteen. Greatest hwt champion vs a Cuban amateur. Think.
So George Foreman also was thinking garbage? Ali was thinking garbage? Also, amateur sports does not always imply inferior.

The markers we have which are how Cuban's and others who fought in the Olympics transition from them to the pros indicate that guys make the adjustments. There is no reason to believe Stevenson would not make the adjustments...He would certainly have to change the way he trained for bouts to go longer...
billeau2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:57 PM #53
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
HOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,025.25
Total Points: 8,946.04

No one at the time believed Stevenson would be ANY match vs Ali. There was hype but no serious boxing mind felt a pure amateur who only fought three round bouts would be able to do anything vs Ali.
HOUDINI563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:21 AM #54
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14522 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,121.06
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueensburyRules View Post
--- The great Americano vs the great Cubano, Teofolio Stevenson proposed for the spring of 1976.

Stevenson with much size and youth over Ali, but Fidel nixed the fight, not trusting American officiating and not wanting to turn his biggest star into a political media lightning rod.

Ali instead looked like yesterday's warmed over poo against Jimmy Young that served notice he was never again to be Ali of yore.

Make your case yea or nay as you may.
I was 12years old, and I used to dream about that fight. Iíd have to go with Ali, heís used to going over 10 rounds regularly, and 15 often.
Green k
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:23 AM #55
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3757 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 20,070.21
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaroku View Post
I was 12years old, and I used to dream about that fight. Iíd have to go with Ali, heís used to going over 10 rounds regularly, and 15 often.
Green k
One of those WHAT IF fights that never came about.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:49 AM #56
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14522 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 35,121.06
Been reading your posts.  Theyre not even in English.  U must have dropped out of school.  U sound very illiterate.  And I flagged ALL your racist stuff u will be banned - HAMMER77777 Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 
dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 
Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRed View Post
One of those WHAT IF fights that never came about.
For sure... my mom tole my dad I was starching calcetinrs/socks at an abnormally unreasonably rate....
my dad tole her, donít ever knock on his door again...

Yeah, in 76 I was 12, my future high school just opened up, Independence High School, we had 1,600 give or take in my graduating class..

Big hair girls, bangs and all. Had a Farrah faucet Majors poster on my wall.. two years later Salvador Sanchez destroyed lil red on ABC wide World of Sports...

What if... what if.... peace homie..
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:12 AM #57
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 764 Post(s)
rudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond reputerudy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,150.74

Quote:
That straight up style of the Cuban would be easy meat for prime Ali. Very hard to hit prime Ali with a right hand and thatís all Stevenson had. Plus Stevenson was an AMATEUR. NO amateur is doing well with prime Ali. One sided thrashing.
Sad to say but very true, he would just go like every other Cuban, too many of lifestyle change to win the fight, alll cubans loose Hunger when they come to America, must be the good life
rudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 PM #58
Interim Champion

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Ben Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond reputeBen Bolt has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 7,294.77

Quote:
Stevenson was an AMATEUR.
Just a thought …
The Cubans fought under amateur rules, but in fact, like most “amateurs” in the red countries, they were professionals. Boxing was their occupation.
A defeat for a Cuban boxer was not only a personal defeat, but also a defeat for the country and the philosophy of communism.

Comparable to the players of the Soviet Union “amateur” ice hockey team, who were forced to eat and sh *t hockey 11 months a year. Notorious is the story of the player who was denied leaving training camp to go to his father’s funeral.

If the Cuban regime in the 1970-80s had chosen to go in for pro boxing instead of amateur boxing, they probably had created some monster fighters.

Last edited by Ben Bolt; 10-22-2018 at 08:34 PM.
Ben Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:36 PM #59
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 837 Post(s)
HOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond reputeHOUDINI563 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,946.04

That was always the thought. The Cubans and Soviet amateur fighters were really pros. No they weren’t. They were trained to fight three rounds not 15. They had amateur styles that allowed them to prosper under amateur rules.
HOUDINI563 is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
1976, stevenson

User Tag List