Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just rewatched wilder/ortiz again for the first time since march...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just rewatched wilder/ortiz again for the first time since march...

holy crap...I honestly think Ortiz probably beats just about every other HW out there not named wilder

not saying definitely.....maybe Joshua beats him but maybe he doesn't.....basically just about every other HW out there gets beat by the march 2018 version of Ortiz

I'm sure most must agree

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post

I'm sure most must agree
    Of course you are, that's why you started this thread...

Comment

I had the feeling watching that fight that he would have beaten Wilder if he were a few years younger. His gas tank is a major question mark at this point

Comment

You mean the version that fought Wilder that night? Yes.

No way is Ortiz the same fighter after that bout.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          You mean the version that fought Wilder that night? Yes.

No way is Ortiz the same fighter after that bout.
          agreed...that's why I said the march 2018 version...but youre right....I should have stated pre fight Ortiz.....you will never be the same after eating the shots Ortiz did

Comment

Who knows, its a difficult one to predict. The fight didn't go the way i thought it would go. I thought Ortiz would be destroyed but he did better than i thought he would, why? because Wilder allow that to happen, wilder looked like a fighter who was just loading up for one big shot, it was like watching Prince naseem towards the end of his career, he knows he has that one power KO, so instead of boxing and then waiting for that chance to come, he goes looking for it by forgetting all the basic things that you do in boxing, Wilder must have learnt his lesson in that fight, he shouldn't fall in love with his power because that would be his downfall.

Comment

I think Ortiz is the greatest heavyweight ever, but only on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Who knows, its a difficult one to predict. The fight didn't go the way i thought it would go. I thought Ortiz would be destroyed but he did better than i thought he would, why? because Wilder allow that to happen, wilder looked like a fighter who was just loading up for one big shot, it was like watching Prince naseem towards the end of his career, he knows he has that one power KO, so instead of boxing and then waiting for that chance to come, he goes looking for it by forgetting all the basic things that you do in boxing, Wilder must have learnt his lesson in that fight, he shouldn't fall in love with his power because that would be his downfall.
                Wilder is always looking for that one shot. What makes him dangerous is that he’s quick and athletic enough to land it at some point. Plus, for all his technical warts, he has a pretty high boxing IQ. In a division lacking quality fighters, he can get away with that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Wilder is always looking for that one shot. What makes him dangerous is that he’s quick and athletic enough to land it at some point. Plus, for all his technical warts, he has a pretty high boxing IQ. In a division lacking quality fighters, he can get away with that.
                  This is why i picked him to beat AJ as for now. I saw in the Bermane stiverne first fight that he a good boxing IQ. Problem is that fight is now 3 years ago. Maybe this is Wilder and he is probably the only HW that could get away with it due to his insane power.

Comment

There's a reason why Dillian Shyte ran far away from Ortiz once the WBC ordered them to fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X