No announcement yet.

I Just ReWatched Taylor VS Davies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
    I don't get the fuss behind Taylor, Davies would have beat him if he didn't have such a glass chin and no heart at all ffs
    It's just Taylors fundamentals from Team GB. He has great accuracy & a good bit of ring IQ. Taylor broke Davies heart, I don't think it's the case of Ohara having no heart.
    If this fight taught you anything it's that straight shots beat wide looping shots. I'm not sure how their career pans out but I could see Taylor holding a world title end of 2018.

Comment

I don't get the fuss behind Taylor, Davies would have beat him if he didn't have such a glass chin and no heart at all ffs
      You serious ? lol Davies was totally out skilled in every single department and had zero chance at all of winning that fight.

Comment

Josh Taylor has every chance of becoming a multi-division "champion" in the near future. He has a great amateur pedigree. This grudge match came very early in their careers and both fighters still are far from the finished articles. I believe Taylor can reach World level. Ohara Davies will never be more than a fringe level wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
          It's just Taylors fundamentals from Team GB. He has great accuracy & a good bit of ring IQ. Taylor broke Davies heart, I don't think it's the case of Ohara having no heart.
          If this fight taught you anything it's that straight shots beat wide looping shots. I'm not sure how their career pans out but I could see Taylor holding a world title end of 2018.
          Taylor was more effective with tightly thrown hooks to head and body than he was with straight shots. I think it was more a case of short sharp accurate shots beat slow wide looping shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
            Taylor was more effective with tightly thrown hooks to head and body than he was with straight shots. I think it was more a case of short sharp accurate shots beat slow wide looping shots.
            Yeah you're right everything was so short, compact and accurate. His timing was on point as well. Underrated footwork as well he didn't let Ohara set his feet & kept him off balance at times. Only time I saw Ohara set his feet was round 6 but he just went all guns blazing & got punished by the savvier fighter.

Comment

Yeah you're right everything was so short, compact and accurate. His timing was on point as well. Underrated footwork as well he didn't let Ohara set his feet & kept him off balance at times. Only time I saw Ohara set his feet was round 6 but he just went all guns blazing & got punished by the savvier fighter.
              Spot on. And rarely do Britian produce fighters that can whip them into the body like Taylor showed. I think he could end up being our best body puncher since Hatton.

Comment

Taylor is pure class, TS doesnt have a clue what he's talking about

the dude doesnt even know what a jab is :
                https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=733113

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                  Spot on. And rarely do Britian produce fighters that can whip them into the body like Taylor showed. I think he could end up being our best body puncher since Hatton.
                  He was very spiteful with the body shots. His amateur experience has translated to the pros seamlessly so far. I reckon Taylor would deal with Burns in more convincing fashion than Indongo did. Speaking on Indongo he's very unorthodox & tends to get off balance. I think Taylors balance, punch variety & ring IQ would really upset Indongos rhythm. The only thing Indongo has over Taylor is reach & height. He hasn't got better skills.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                  Taylor is pure class, TS doesnt have a clue what he's talking about

the dude doesnt even know what a jab is :
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=733113
                  LOL. Taylor is proper class.

Comment

If Crawford doesn't move up after Idongo, Taylor is never getting a title, but yeah 140 is pretty weak, Taylor can easily win a vacant title, maybe even Davies can lol

Comment

If Crawford doesn't move up after Idongo, Taylor is never getting a title, but yeah 140 is pretty weak, Taylor can easily win a vacant title, maybe even Davies can lol
                      Id even go as far as to say Davies will get a shot before Taylor, Taylor will be avoided like the plague and Hearn will buy Davies a shot, damn boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X