No announcement yet.

I Just ReWatched Taylor VS Davies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just ReWatched Taylor VS Davies

Both stand absoultley no chance against Crawford, Indongo, Broner, Figuero, or Garcia

Well based on their fight Davies shouldn't even be being brought up in this regard right now. He obviously needs to work on some stuff.

As for Taylor I think he's well below fighting any of those guys right now or anytime soon. That said I definitely wouldn't include Figueroa among those names. I think Figueroa is highly beatable & Guerrero, who seems shot, was having moments against him last night. I think Taylor would do well vs Figueroa if he were to fight him within the next 12mos. Figueroa is far too hitable.

For Crawford specifically idk if anyone at 140 is beating him right now so no shame in that for Taylor or the other guys on the list who probably wouldn't beat him either.

The rest of them...who f#cking knows. Its far too early to be talking about those names for Taylor & its hard to fully grasp how good Taylor can be with his opposition thus far vs elite level guys. He's too unproven & its too big of a jump up in class to be a reasonable expectation for him to make anytime soon. Let the guy grow & in a 12-18 months maybe those fights will be fights we can discuss in a more serious manner as Taylor has shown us more good or bad vs better guys.

Comment

Your right about Davies but it's early days for Taylor. I think he's a great talent and given time he could be in the mix. He dealt with Davies with ease and nobody expected that. Give him 18 months and we will see.

Comment

Forget Davies, Taylor still need a lot of work doe. He only has like 12 fights so yeah you can't put him in the same bracket as those names. The great thing about Taylor is you can see him improving on his potential.
        Last edited by Ray*; 07-16-2017, 09:45 AM. Reason: 'Can't'

Comment

Well he is looking at the likes of Burns and Euro champ Yigit next so im sure he and his team knows he isnt ready for the top next time out.

That said Figueroa isnt top level. Though he did look good from the highlights ive seen last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Forget Davies, Taylor still need a lot of work doe. He only has like 12 fights so yeah you can put him in the same bracket as those names. The great thing about Taylor is you can see him improving on his potential.
            Taylor beat Davies in only his 10th fight ffs and looked very good doing it. Give him time to develop before comparing him to the elite at the weight. I recall Crawford having UD's with a few absolute bums before he had ten fights. He also didn't look a future superstar against Ricky Burns even though it was a convincing win. But Crawford evolved into a superb elite fighter in time. We'll find out how good Taylor is soon enough. The other day I watched a video of David Haye who trained beside Taylor and has watched him spar bigger guys and he said Taylor is an absolute weapon, and as tough as nails. Haye said people dont know how tough he is yet and that he's seen him do some ridiculous things in sparring. It's not just Haye either, lots of people in the sport have spoken very highly of Taylor after seeing him close up. I'm confident he's going to be top end world class when the time comes.

Comment

Considering you don't even know what a jab is, i think i'll completely dismiss your analysis there bud

Comment

You are wrong. Josh Taylor is the real deal. He isnt a finished product but guy has so much potential.

Figueroa? Lol he is a fkin bum who would get dominated by Taylor even right now. Figueroa is just a tough tomato can.

Broner would get that azz beat too. Taylor has too much range for this dude.

Taylor-Indongo would make a badazz fight stylewise.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
                  Taylor beat Davies in only his 10th fight ffs and looked very good doing it. Give him time to develop before comparing him to the elite at the weight. I recall Crawford having UD's with a few absolute bums before he had ten fights. He also didn't look a future superstar against Ricky Burns even though it was a convincing win. But Crawford evolved into a superb elite fighter in time. We'll find out how good Taylor is soon enough. The other day I watched a video of David Haye who trained beside Taylor and has watched him spar bigger guys and he said Taylor is an absolute weapon, and as tough as nails. Haye said people dont know how tough he is yet and that he's seen him do some ridiculous things in sparring. It's not just Haye either, lots of people in the sport have spoken very highly of Taylor after seeing him close up. I'm confident he's going to be top end world class when the time comes.
                  Its a typo...Its meant to say don't put him in the same bracket as those names yet.
                  Last edited by Ray*; 07-16-2017, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Its a typo...Its meant to say don't put him in the same bracket as those names yet.
                    Very beatable names except Crawford and Garcia. You would think you'd just listed the fab 4 and Benitez lol. There's a guy on there that Ricky Burns arguably beat ffs.

Comment

Working...
                    X