No announcement yet.

Wilder's resume makes me laugh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Becoming a mandatory and enforcing a mandatory often involves a lot of inactivity. So Wilder's recent mandatory being inactive is no different than most non-IBF mandatories.
    Two years had passed since Stiverne fought the world famous Derric Rossy and he came into that ring looking like a public service warning on diabetes. I don't know of anyone who didn't consider the entire affair farcical.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
      Two years had passed since Stiverne fought the world famous Derric Rossy and he came into that ring looking like a public service warning on diabetes. I don't know of anyone who didn't consider the entire affair farcical.
      Part of becoming a mandatory is just sitting around waiting for those in front of you to lose. Which is what Stiverne did.

Typically, you'd still need to beat a credible guy in a final eliminator to officially become the mandatory, but Stiverne lucked out when Povetkin failed another test.

So yes, the entire affair was not ideal, but the biggest blame should be placed on Povetkin. Because if Povetkin wasn't caught cheating again, Stiverne likely never becomes mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Part of becoming a mandatory is just sitting around waiting for those in front of you to lose. Which is what Stiverne did.

Typically, you'd still need to beat a credible guy in a final eliminator to officially become the mandatory, but Stiverne lucked out when Povetkin failed another test.

So yes, the entire affair was not ideal, but the biggest blame should be placed on Povetkin. Because if Povetkin wasn't caught cheating again, Stiverne likely never becomes mandatory.

It's the process by which Stiverne is beaten, fights one 6th rate opponent and is then somehow first reserve when a fight falls through. I don't know how this could happen although these things often seem to occur when Don King is involved which is purely coincidental obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
          It's the process by which Stiverne is beaten, fights one 6th rate opponent and is then somehow first reserve when a fight falls through. I don't know how this could happen although these things often seem to occur when Don King is involved which is purely coincidental obviously.
          It's very easily explained. It's not corruption. It's King knowing how to work the system.

Stiverne was the champion. He lost his title by decision. So he drops to #5 in the next set of ratings. Those in front of him either lost or chose to fight for the titles of other organizations. So before you know it, Stiverne is in the top 3 again even though he only fought one lower tier opponent.

When Wilder was injured and Povetkin was entitled to fight the leading available contender in a final eliminator for the interim title, Stiverne was the leading available contender.

There was nothing nefarious going on other than Povetkin doping.

Comment

his resume is pure ****ing dog****. and i dont care if he beat ortiz the guys had 40 ****ing fights and hes deliberately picked easy fights for 39 of them. he swerved klitschko after 32 ****ing fights 'we wont be rushed', and we meant to give him a pat on the back and call him a warrior cause he finally found his bollocks after 40 fights and fought a 39 year old whos best win was bryant jennings? it was a good win thats about it and he nearly got sparked out in the process

Comment

He tried to fight Sasha. Not his fault there at all and Sasha is no joke. Ortiz was 100 but also still a good win. I'm no Wilder fan but he seems like he is now trying to make the fights that matter. Better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                He tried to fight Sasha. Not his fault there at all and Sasha is no joke. Ortiz was 100 but also still a good win. I'm no Wilder fan but he seems like he is now trying to make the fights that matter. Better late than never.
                The rumors of Ortiz being so old don't make any sense because there is footage of him in the amateurs looking very young and for the rumors to be true, he'd have to have been 40 years old while looking like a very young man in his 20s.

Comment

Working...
                X