Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 06-03-2016, 10:50 PM #1
Contender

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
GodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 7,174.43
Default How long did you Train, how much paid when you fought pro?

I know at my age now, probably "could of done better.." but, I Never Once negotiated any matches far as purse is concerned. It was Sport to me and I would only accept what-ever they came with. Some fights I would know six weeks ahead. Others, it was uncertain. Of course, I didn't have a "pedigree" or nothin'.
I was ARMY at beginning. 8-0 start. Won V Corp w/4-0 4 KO's (Novice/139!b) and then the Open w/1 fight a 18 sec pure "KO" [Novice won f. 47 sec.]. Right there/then...turns out I'm *at-my-height.
Soon move to 147. I'm always 147. But, I bumped up to 156 and LIKE RESULTS. Have only a -few- 147 from then on.
Going pro it is to benefit the other side. 1st was a go at 168. They tried to disguise it and even reports went out at 160.
I made about $500.00 for boxing someone they are Olympic trials 165lb.top-3 finisher. 4r & a co-main. My 4 th eight months later I made about $900.00 + & we went to Canada. My Opp was 6-0 & a "silver" from Pan-Am (165 again).
Since those days I get the idea that the **money can be multiplied quite a few times.It is/simply/!"interest in it!".

How wrong was I to be so "innocent" about it?
GodOfBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:08 PM #2
Crawling King Snake

Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Mr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,010.03
Total Points: 10,019.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfBoxing View Post
I know at my age now, probably "could of done better.." but, I Never Once negotiated any matches far as purse is concerned. It was Sport to me and I would only accept what-ever they came with. Some fights I would know six weeks ahead. Others, it was uncertain. Of course, I didn't have a "pedigree" or nothin'.
I was ARMY at beginning. 8-0 start. Won V Corp w/4-0 4 KO's (Novice/139!b) and then the Open w/1 fight a 18 sec pure "KO" [Novice won f. 47 sec.]. Right there/then...turns out I'm *at-my-height.
Soon move to 147. I'm always 147. But, I bumped up to 156 and LIKE RESULTS. Have only a -few- 147 from then on.
Going pro it is to benefit the other side. 1st was a go at 168. They tried to disguise it and even reports went out at 160.
I made about $500.00 for boxing someone they are Olympic trials 165lb.top-3 finisher. 4r & a co-main. My 4 th eight months later I made about $900.00 + & we went to Canada. My Opp was 6-0 & a "silver" from Pan-Am (165 again).
Since those days I get the idea that the **money can be multiplied quite a few times.It is/simply/!"interest in it!".

How wrong was I to be so "innocent" about it?
I feel like I have to decipher every one of your posts. Is this just how you talk or is your keyboard *****ed up?
Mr.MojoRisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM #3
Ignore List Champion

Quoted: 21426 Post(s)
Eff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond reputeEff Pandas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,037,343.84
Total Points: 1,043,433.34
No Message - Santa_ Burger Exchange - cheeseburger good poster - jas One of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 You Dont Have Enough Gifts - JimRaynor 
Always keep it real - Nomadic great contest! - TBear One kf - jas One of bscenes best - jas sensible, reasonable poster. 5 star - jazluvr 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder you are one cool dude - Dean_Razorback 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
I feel like I have to decipher every one of your posts. Is this just how you talk or is your keyboard *****ed up?
I feel a lil dizzy every time I read one of those posts. I can't believe its a f#cked up keyboard. I mean it seems to look planned out & not random.
Eff Pandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:51 PM #4
Crawling King Snake

Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Mr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond reputeMr.MojoRisin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,010.03
Total Points: 10,019.03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff Pandas View Post
I feel a lil dizzy every time I read one of those posts. I can't believe its a f#cked up keyboard. I mean it seems to look planned out & not random.
I don't want to hurt his feelings but reading his posts are like listening to James Toney speak.
Mr.MojoRisin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:19 PM #5
Interim Champion

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
stephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 7,901.92
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
I don't want to hurt his feelings but reading his posts are like listening to James Toney speak.
Or Mayweather Sr...or any punch drunk ex fighter who can text really....

From what I got from it tho, at least you got paid and didn't go off commission ticket sales...

Just learn to get your point across in a text
stephenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:14 PM #6
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1499 Post(s)
Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,051.14
Total Points: 20,389.86
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 
Keep'in them real - jaded nice post - lefthook2daliva Top Rated Consistant Poster - ironmt R.I.P Ray - dan_cov 

You fellows don't understand him because he's "talking boxing" you don't!
Young John was a tough kid out of the service who touched down in Hartford Conn. near Bell Square and Mac Buckley's Addison Club with Ty Booze and Marlon Starling. I worked his corner a few times with Mac and probably up at the Gloves in Holyoke Mass.
He's talking about the transition from amateurs to pros and how things get done "differently" in the pros!
Hey Johnny was Vito booking you? If so you know you were in for it son.
I handled Johnny Blaine and ol' Joe Maye for Vito for years, I loved thoughs guys and did all I could to keep them safe! Hell I even handled Sam Bam Miller
a few times and that wasn't easy.

Nice to hear you Johnny your old stable mate Scully lurks around here occasionally.

Ray
Ray Corso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:40 PM #7
Interim Champion

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
stephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond reputestephenmc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,072.32
Total Points: 7,901.92
No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
You fellows don't understand him because he's "talking boxing" you don't!
Young John was a tough kid out of the service who touched down in Hartford Conn. near Bell Square and Mac Buckley's Addison Club with Ty Booze and Marlon Starling. I worked his corner a few times with Mac and probably up at the Gloves in Holyoke Mass.
He's talking about the transition from amateurs to pros and how things get done "differently" in the pros!
Hey Johnny was Vito booking you? If so you know you were in for it son.
I handled Johnny Blaine and ol' Joe Maye for Vito for years, I loved thoughs guys and did all I could to keep them safe! Hell I even handled Sam Bam Miller
a few times and that wasn't easy.

Nice to hear you Johnny your old stable mate Scully lurks around here occasionally.

Ray
Buuuuut..it made absolutely no sense what he said.....
Maybe he just needs a lesson in computers and text that's all
stephenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:06 AM #8
SRR by Triangle Theory

Quoted: 1925 Post(s)
Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,647.01
Total Points: 35,115.45
Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry 
Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz 
One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear :) - Salim_Shady Thank you for bumping the Rockin' story thread, I would have otherwise never seen it and I really enjoyed reading it. - Tyler_Durden Icon says it all - jazluvr 
Happy hoidays - jazluvr Thanks for the green! - GhostofDempsey Cheers! - Shontae De'marc Thanks! - GhostofDempsey What a faggot, deleting your posts and snitching on users. Gtfo this forum btch - lfc19titles 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

As Anorak will tell you I was born a professional. I got $400 for my first bout. I walked with $1800 each or so for my next two bouts. All 4 rounders in '92.......

Last edited by Rockin'; 06-05-2016 at 01:09 AM.
Rockin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:38 AM #9
Banned

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
DinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond reputeDinoCop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,104.00

I can barely speak English and I got what he said and didn't notice if the text was full of flaws and errors till i read your posts .
DinoCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:13 PM #10
Contender

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
GodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of lightGodOfBoxing is a glorious beacon of light
Bank: 1,030.38
Total Points: 7,174.43

Yeah. I don't know "WHY IT IS", some dudes only are on a put down mode from the start! Best ignore people like that!
Ray! You were with me when I fought Ray Daniels for Ne/156 in 1985 (and lost "so close". Ray the OB)
No. My matches got booked by Mac 1st four and then Jimbo Isperduli up at Worcester who John Scully (you could say) introduced me to.
Ray you are a "great guy!" I remember all your words. You always a good friend.
John Scully returned to Hartford. George Cruz -very smart move- put him in charge of SAN JUAN CENTER. You know about that one "monster" fighter he is asst. training now? I heard he took one from Gennady Golovkin in the amateurs.
You could look for me at Fb: myname (Webb) My-bidforoffice.
["scum put down Artists...."//getting used to seeing them inside BoxingScene forum 20% more than other places. Do you see that Boxer a 'D' grade....looking to compete a second time pro? Rufus. He put a GoFundMe account up to cover his estimated $300.00 eye exams and dudes are "ripping" him for it as if he is asking too much and the guys one fight is -COMPLETELY- documented. I'm just putting $10.00 to him and be HAPPY I can meet his acquaintence!]
HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? WHERE ARE YOU? You stay in touch with "Officer Bright"?
I got -1- "big problem" here with the public transportation. Been getting a censorship for 5 years now.
I wrote Mac two letters recently. -stop-
GodOfBoxing is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
fought, long, paid, pro?, train