No announcement yet.

Size wasn't really a factor tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
    That is a lie. Rigo was not even credited much for moving up like Garcia has, there was no talk of a win-win situation/
    First, I might just start sending you crazy amount messages of posters who was giving Rigo credit for moving up.

Second, it was no win win for Rigo. He made that move out of desperation and Mikey made that move out of delusion

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      Props? Lol. So your whole crusade against Conte was for what? You said Mikey was a cheater. How are you giving Mikey props now? Clown
      I gave him props for moving up in weight unlike ggg. Why are you so hurt and in your feelings about my comments and stalking me all over boxingscene groupie? You just joined boxingscene and no1 likes your illiterate bítch ass lol. You’re getting smacked all over this thread. Go to bed groupie

Comment

Originally posted by CLUE View Post
        That is a lie. Rigo was not even credited much for moving up like Garcia has, there was no talk of a win-win situation/
        Rigo made up an injury and quit. Mikey didn’t exactly throw caution to the wind but he didn’t quit either.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          I gave him props for moving up in weight unlike ggg. Why are you so hurt and in your feelings about my comments and stalking me all over boxingscene groupie? You just joined boxingscene and no1 likes your illiterate bítch ass lol. You’re getting smacked all over this thread. Go to bed groupie
          So is Mikey still a cheater? Mikey went 12 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Not true at all. If Mikey were the same height then proportionally his arms would be longer too. The reason why Mikey couldn’t get off was because of reach.
            I totally agree
            This fight went to the chits when he couldn’t reach him
            This fight was not about height or certainly not about bigger=power
            I leaned towards Mikey winning believing he could get in but once I saw he couldn’t he was done

I like Spence but sorry he did not impress and certainly left me wondering

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              I totally agree
              This fight went to the chits when he couldn’t reach him
              This fight was not about height or certainly not about bigger=power
              I leaned towards Mikey winning believing he could get in but once I saw he couldn’t he was done

I like Spence but sorry he did not impress and certainly left me wondering
              Come on my man, he totally dismantled Mikey and hardly lost a second of the fight. You were picking Mikey and now that Spence dominates him it wasn't impressive? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                Rigo made up an injury and quit. Mikey didn’t exactly throw caution to the wind but he didn’t quit either.
                That has nothing to do with many not saying it was a win win for him before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Come on my man, he totally dismantled Mikey and hardly lost a second of the fight. You were picking Mikey and now that Spence dominates him it wasn't impressive? Huh?
                  Being a fan of both fighters , in my honest opinion ,if Mikey who I chose to win , couldn’t , then I believe Spence should of ko’d him
                  Your right , damn right , he totally destroyed him , as is Spence’s way , so why not Mikey ?
                  Being realistic, once they reached the sixth round , I totally believed my pick was wrong but also expected Spence to knock him out

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Nah. Spence is skilled, no doubt, but he respected Mikey quite a bit. There’s good reason for that. If they were the same size, I’d probably have to go with Garcia. I predicted Errol would win, and I scored it a whitewash for him, but that size difference mattered.
                    Exactly. It’s not the same when Easter is throwing a jab as when a giant big punching WW is throwing cannons and he can t off in you while you’re too small to do anything about it and when you do land, it doesnt even change the trajectory of the guys punches.

It’s like small arms fire to a tank. Its the combination of it all. Spence is good enough to use and exploit those attributes.

A man vs a child essentially. Spence had this success BECAUSE of his size and strength. Mikey seemed to see the punches fine. There was just literally nothing he could do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                      Even if they were the same size Spence still would have won. He is the more skilled boxer.
                      I agree. Spence showed that he was the more skilled, scientific and fundamentally sound of the two fighters; Than the previously undefeated and four divisional champion Mikey Garcia. I was overly impressed by how easily Erroll Spence outclassed and dominated Mikey in the manner in which he did from start to finish.

Comment

Working...
                      X