No announcement yet.

ZUFFA BOXING -- Coming To You In 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZUFFA BOXING -- Coming To You In 2018

MMA invading Boxing... again... in 2018 (sort of)

Doucheface Dana White in a 'media scrum' last month - Starts at 30:00
    "The beginning of this [coming] year, everybody who's anybody in the Boxing business is coming out here to meet with me... [besides Oscar and Arum]... I'm gonna sit down with everybody, talk, and see what everybody's got going on, what everybody's thinking and I'm going to start goofing around over there a little bit...

Right now, I have two different plans, I have a Plan A and a Plan B. And I’m not sure which I’m gonna go with. But I’m gonna sit down, I’m gonna talk to everybody in the industry. They all want to come out here, they all want to talk. Fighters want to come out here and talk. So many people. So I’m gonna take like a month at the beginning of the year and just focus on this thing and see what we’re gonna do.

I think that right now is the right time. I just feel it. I feel like it’s the right time. Listen, can I do it? I don’t know. Will it work? I don’t know. But I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to make it work. And I’ll give it a shot.

And in Boxing right now--in Boxing, who are the big stars? Most people don't even know half of these guys... When people/reports talk about Boxing and the money and this... you're talking about a handful of guys, and then there's a whole rooster full of guys who make nothing, and none of them are stars...

[Did you see anything in Boxing that was good that you will/could incorporate?]... No. I'll change everything."

So what's what?

What impact will "Zuffa Boxing" have on the sport?

Will Boxing fans be resistant to the idea of "MMA guys" getting into the Boxing game?

It'll fail. Might get a lot of hype early on but it'll get chewed up and spit out.
    50.00%
    It'll become a decent Promotion. Nothing more than just another player in the sport.
    26.92%
    It'll become one of the biggest Proms in Boxing. Fresh approach might revolutionize the sport.
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by USMCer; 12-26-2017, 11:13 PM.

Somebody will probably end up dead

Comment

I think it'll fail ultimately like roc nation but it will have a decent run before it fails imo

Comment

Will come down to what the setup looks like

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
        MMA invading Boxing... again... in 2018 (sort of)

Doucheface Dana White in a 'media scrum' last month - Starts at 30:00
        "The beginning of this [coming] year, everybody who's anybody in the Boxing business is coming out here to meet with me... [besides Oscar and Arum]... I'm gonna sit down with everybody, talk, and see what everybody's got going on, what everybody's thinking and I'm going to start goofing around over there a little bit...

Right now, I have two different plans, I have a Plan A and a Plan B. And I’m not sure which I’m gonna go with. But I’m gonna sit down, I’m gonna talk to everybody in the industry. They all want to come out here, they all want to talk. Fighters want to come out here and talk. So many people. So I’m gonna take like a month at the beginning of the year and just focus on this thing and see what we’re gonna do.

I think that right now is the right time. I just feel it. I feel like it’s the right time. Listen, can I do it? I don’t know. Will it work? I don’t know. But I feel like I have a pretty good idea of how to make it work. And I’ll give it a shot.

And in Boxing right now--in Boxing, who are the big stars? Most people don't even know half of these guys... When people/reports talk about Boxing and the money and this... you're talking about a handful of guys, and then there's a whole rooster full of guys who make nothing, and none of them are stars...

[Did you see anything in Boxing that was good that you will/could incorporate?]... No. I'll change everything."

So what's what?

What impact will "Zuffa Boxing" have on the sport?

Will Boxing fans be resistant to the idea of "MMA guys" getting into the Boxing game?

From the rumors of the current UFC talks (and the $400m a year for what FOX was paying $100m a year not really manifesting), it seems like the deal may end up being $300m-$350m a year to deliver the UFC shows (FOX/FS1) and Zuffa Boxing (Toe-to-Toe on FS1, and the quarterly shows for FOX), which Dana White likely ends up looking to Al Haymon to deliver near all of the boxing for (beef with Bob Arum and Oscar De La Hoya likely eliminates them, and anyone who rocks with them).

Zuffa Boxing runs the TV production, PBC sets the staging of the event, Haymon-affiliated promoters co-promote the events with Zuffa, and Al Haymon brings along the fighters for the shows (No different than UFC keeping their PPVs separate from the deal, Showtime/CBS gets the first pick for the events that they want on their calendar, with Zuffa Boxing having their pick of everything else to work with).

Adrien Broner heading back to FOX as he rebuilds his image, and then good competitive fights between good fighters on their way up.

Comment

I am rather confident the Francis African dude that will be HW champ at UFC 220 could knock Joshua out

Comment

Just to see Bob Arum squirm I'd like to see it succeed. He already hates the UFC and Dana as it is, let alone if they piss on his territory.
            Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 12-27-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Guess Arum was right when he said UFC's numbers are way down so Whites trying to latch onto Boxing .

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                I am rather confident the Francis African dude that will be HW champ at UFC 220 could knock Joshua out
                Hahahahah yeah right

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Just to see Bob Arum squirm I'd like to see it succeed. He already hates the UFC and Dana as it is, let alone if they piss on his territory.
                  To many established stables jayz is almost a billionaire they ran him off if he can't get the promoters with the big names to fight it won't last long

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    They're not taking that approach.

It's going to be Boxing, straight up. They're not planning on making "MMA guys" vs Boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X