Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in NSB actually trained, fought, or happen to be trainer, whats your story

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    Nah I stopped a long time ago. Was at Duke Roufus Gym (the old location). I'll still spar for fun but I'm well out of practice.
    Serious question, I have been considering to do kickboxing, I've boxed as an amateur, but I would like to have a fight or two in kickboxing for the sake of challenge. Anyways, my question is that does the groin gear help when you get kicked or is it "suck it up, buttercup"?

Comment

trained, sparred a lot, never seriously competed

switched to fencing (sword fighting) recently because my nose looks like **** and i don't want brain damage but i don't regret trying it

everyone should get into a ring at least once
      Last edited by ////; 09-08-2015, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Serious question, I have been considering to do kickboxing, I've boxed as an amateur, but I would like to have a fight or two in kickboxing for the sake of challenge. Anyways, my question is that does the groin gear help when you get kicked or is it "suck it up, buttercup"?
        some of the more expensive/advanced cups recently released since mma got big are really really good and you don't feel much

generic old school cups will prevent you from dying of ruptured balls.. that's about it.. you still feel everything because they don't have any sort of suspension/absorbtion system
        Last edited by ////; 09-08-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          I've been a boxing fan my entire life, im 30 years old....My first memories of boxing include Mike Tyson quick kayos, Leonard beating Hagler in a close one, remember my uncles arguing about it as I ran around the house

When I reached middle school I was participating in martial arts, and my Tae Kwon Do teacher suggested that I try boxing and I would enjoy it(I hardly ever kicked).

I began watching Friday night fights every week, or any boxing that came on T.V....this was before Youtube in the late 90's and early 2000's

I participated in wrestling in high school because of my love of t.v. wrestling and because my hometown lacked a good gym

When I moved to Atlanta in 03 I had a chance to train and went through several trainers....from 03-04.My main Man was my last Trainer Merhav Mohar....He saw something in me and even when I couldn't pay for classes, he trained me for free because of the passion and desire I had for the sport....He inspired me to be a trainer and he taught me a lot about the game, trained me from 05-07...He had to retire at a young age 23-24, competed in ...kick boxing and was a pro boxer, but had to retire from a serious brain injury...which is why I laugh at these keyboard warriors who don't know how dangerous this sport is....That's my story, whats yours

Thanks Merhav, you inspired me to continue to train, train others, and follow this great sport

So what are you really trying to say? Just say it.

Since you so called trained, fought or whatever you know more than everybody?

I gaurantee you we have more posters on here who very very passionate about boxing and have never stepped in the ring that are more knowledgeable than most boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
            You remember Leonard beating Hagler when you was 2

seems legit.
            Yea true lol

Comment

I've always wanted to box. Ask a kid I asked my mom a couple of times but I was more focused on playing basketball and football but I did neither we were that poor. I did play basketball and football a little bit for 2 years as a junior and senior in high school. I couldn't really start in college cuz I was talking night classes and school work, but now that I just graduated I can finally start. I've also kept up with my roadwork (4-5 miles 4-6 times a week) in prep for the gym Been watching/analyzing fights and shadowboxing around the house so that when I'm finally able to join a gym and go consistently I will have the knowlegde to be able to spar within a couple of training session.

Comment

just went to local gyms and sparred, I tried to get into it but the training was too much and I hate getting hit. takes a special person to succeed at this sport

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                  So what are you really trying to say? Just say it.

Since you so called trained, fought or whatever you know more than everybody?

I gaurantee you we have more posters on here who very very passionate about boxing and have never stepped in the ring that are more knowledgeable than most boxers.
                  No...its called sharing my background and asking other people to share their story in combat sports

every thread on this forum doesn't have some hidden agenda

Comment

trained, had a couple of am fights. years ago, though...

and yes, i'd lift you up, put a tmt hat on your head, and throw you into the middle of some club in manila on the night of pacquiao's next fight.

Comment

Shawn Porter used to have an account on here I think

Comment

Working...
                      X