Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest fighter since Muhammed Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    duran and pac

lennox and wlad for heavies

roy on physical skills

turducken and sweet pea on boxing skills
    I think the list of 10 is pretty good anyway. Can't think of anyone i'd like to drop to put James Toney in there. Ricardo Lopez should be in there though.

Comment

SRL because he has the best wins by far.

- Benitez
      - Duran
      - Hearns
      - Hagler

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
        I think the list of 10 is pretty good anyway. Can't think of anyone i'd like to drop to put James Toney in there. Ricardo Lopez should be in there though.
        james toney was great but an underachiever.

motivated, in shape, top of his game toney was a monster but how often did that toney show up?

Comment

Duran was the same time period as past-prime Ali, so it's hard to say "since Ali" with him. But if he counts, it's either him or Leonard.

Comment

Agreed -- Duran's greatest period was as a lightweight, in the mid-70s while Ali was still in his era...so I don't think of him as post-Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Agreed -- Duran's greatest period was as a lightweight, in the mid-70s while Ali was still in his era...so I don't think of him as post-Ali
              For the sake of arguments let divide it into post-Ali's prime.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
                just as Pac=Duran stated, this is your opinion. An opinion from someone who boxing scribes, analysts and former/current do not agree with. The kids accomplishments speak for themselves. His losing early in his career, his winning ways after and him being ktfo by a suspect marquez, then coming back and still being on top of his game is not only great for him, but also the sport. 99% of the greats have lost. Those who havent were either matched up well or fought opposition when they were way past their prime.

your hate for the guy is seriously something to laugh at. grow the fu.ck up
                You made some nice points, although I don't agree with. But don't stoop. As you said, it is just my opinion. Same as this little drivel is all yours.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  Because I don't believe in what judges tell me, I go with what I see. That was my point. I saw him losing to Marquez 3 times and beating Bradley the first time. The second Bradley fight I didn't really care and never paid attention.

(To me, Marquez lost clearly in the first fight. No amount of boxing skills could bridge the 3 knockdown gap in the first fight. My friends say that's maybe because I was a hardcore Pac fan at the time.)

That's fine, but you didn't maintain the same stance with regards to the first Bradley fight, even when acknowledging you had Pacquiao winning wide.

Comment

I'd go with Leonard even though I loathe him. Then Hagler, Floyd, roy, sweet pea, manny.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-10-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Duran, Klitschko, Lewis and Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                      X