No announcement yet.

heavyweight tor hamer wins after 15 month layoff

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavyweight tor hamer wins after 15 month layoff

By James Slater: Last night in New York, heavyweight prospect/contender Tor Hamer got back to winning ways following a 15-month layoff. The 29-year-old took out Haitian-born danger man Dieuly Aristilde by way of 2nd-round KO.

Three times in the 2nd Hamer, showing a powerful right hand, put the 35-year-old down, getting the win at the 2-minute and 59 second mark of the session. Hamer, no doubt glad to be back after having put a hand injury behind him, improved to 14-1(10). Aristilde, best known for his thrilling brawl of a win over Elijah McCall (son of former WBC heavyweight king Oliver), is now 9-5(2).

In an earlier interview with ESB, Hamer said he wouldn’t look for the KO during last night’s bout, feeling he would maybe win a decision. Instead, in a fine “I’m Back” statement, the Lou DiBella-promoted heavyweight god the job done in style. How far can the 6’2,” approx 225-pounder go? We don’t know, but if Hamer can bang out more exciting wins like the one he gave fans last night, it will be a lot of fun finding out.

Beaten only via a close, debatable split decision (to Kelvin Price in May of 2010), Hamer will hopefully be able to find the right fights and remain as active as can be. With America constantly looking for the next big contender, Hamer has a lot to shoot for right now. Critics argue that Hamer is not big enough for the elite heavyweights, yet Eddie Chambers at around the same size has been able to see off some very good, highly ranked big men.

Hamer has skills himself, and now that he’s back he is once again a heavyweight worth keeping an eye on.

good to see him back in action. i've only seen 4 or 5 of his fights but i'll keep an eye on him.

Comment

Working...
    X