No announcement yet.

I honestly feel bad for Emanuel Augustus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly feel bad for Emanuel Augustus

He was robbed once again saturday night just because they were in his opponents hometown. If you watch the fight you can tell Emanuel is obviously just ****ing with the kid and not taking him seriously at all.

Here's a guy with a record of 39-30-6 who has become more of a recognizable name than most of the world champions in boxing today (which is quite an accomplishment considering he's never been world champion and isn't undefeated). He wants to step his game up and try to win a title, but gets screwed out of a win time and time again because the judges don't want an up-and-comer to lose to someone they only see as a journeyman rather than award the decision to the real winner of the fight.

I hope he wins a world title someday, he's far more entertaining than most of the champions today. He has all the skills and talent to be champion, he has decent speed and his unorthodox fighting style complements his superb ability to move away from punches. His trainer Roger Mayweather has said that his record would be much better if only he didn't take so many fights on short notice in the opponents hometown.

I did find a nice video of Floyd Mayweather and James Toney giving props to him. With Floyd even admitting that he gave him a hell of a fight and one of his hardest ever, which means a lot coming from Floyd.

What are your thought on him? Do you see talent or potential to win a belt or not?

BTW, I'm Madvillain (I usually get MV for short) and it's really cool to be on a site where I can talk boxing so much for a change.

He knew he was going to get robbed aswell. You could tell by the look on his face.

Comment

Boxing judges should hang their head in shame because of what they've done to Augustus, honestly it's highway robbery at this point.

Glenn Johnson is the only other fighter I can think of who has been blatantly ripped off so many times.

I've got a ton of respect for Augustus and Johnson both. Through it all they continue to lace them up. I don't think there are many fighters today who would have the heart to continue on with it after being robbed that many times.

Most guys would hang 'em up and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Boxing judges should hang their head in shame because of what they've done to Augustus, honestly it's highway robbery at this point.

Glenn Johnson is the only other fighter I can think of who has been blatantly ripped off so many times.

I've got a ton of respect for Augustus and Johnson both. Through it all they continue to lace them up. I don't think there are many fighters today who would have the heart to continue on with it after being robbed that many times.

Most guys would hang 'em up and call it a day.
        I dont think I would carry on if that kept happening to me. Whats the point?

Comment

much love for augustus a true fighter

Comment

It's the story of his career, he puts in good performances and entertains fans only to get robbed, it's a shame because he's a really good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
              What's the point of just crying about it, taking your ball and going home?
              Last edited by Madvillain; 11-11-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
                I would've retired 20 losses ago, if not 24 ago.

The **** is unreal, and it's an outrage to be honest.

And that's the first time I can ever recall using the word "outrage" when describing boxing judging.

But it honestly fits here.

Comment

Think of how many times Glen Johnson got robbed......then multiple that number by 3, and that's what you're looking at for poor Emmanuel.

Comment

His "Loss" to Courtney Burton has to be the worst decision of the last decade. And a clear example of hometown bias and everything that's wrong with boxing. Like I said though, props to this guy for being dedicated enough to get back on the horse everytime. A lot of fighters would have called it quits after the first loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X