No announcement yet.

Lomchenko Got Some Of The Weirdest Boxing Exercises

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
    Green k'd. I've seen a HW do this but I can't pick my brains at the minute.
    I think the tennis ball thing is for hand/eye coordination. If you can punch a moving target that small then hitting someone's head is no big deal. Now if there is someone out there who can do that with a ping pong ball....

Comment

Intelligence is very important in boxing, which is why it's dominated mostly by men in their 30s who can't read or balance their checking account.

Comment

Loma is my fav fighter nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          I believe its supposed to help with memory, focus, and recognizing patterns. The numbers are randomly out of order and he has to find them in sequence.

This video shows what he is doing with the numbers better. 1:22

ok thats better lol, in the op he was just staring at it for a minute then tapping it

Comment

When I get bored I like taking a deck of cards, laying the cards face down in rows, then turning over two at a time trying to pick out pairs.

If you don't find a pair you put the cards back face down and turn over two more. If you do find a pair you remove those two cards then keep playing.

I feel it helps with memory and keeping the mind sharp but can't say if it has helped my boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              When I get bored I like taking a deck of cards, laying the cards face down in rows, then turning over two at a time trying to pick out pairs.

If you don't find a pair you put the cards back face down and turn over two more. If you do find a pair you remove those two cards then keep playing.

I feel it helps with memory and keeping the mind sharp but can't say if it has helped my boxing.
              I know what you meant by that last sentence, but I still found it funny to read LOL

Comment

Teach a man to think and there are no limits

Comment

There's a reason his nickname is hi-tech.....I always wanted to train on one of them balancing surfaces the russian amateurs had....seems like a hell of a boxing aide.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    skip to the 1 minute mark in this video and you'll see kovalev doing the weird tennis ball work out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvjP8dU278

Green coming.

I want to adopt this asap.

Does anyone know how it works, as in do I but that headbang somewhere? Do I make my own? If I make my own, how? Is there a "standard" size for the rubberband, or string, whatever it is? Can someone educate me on this?

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    There's a reason his nickname is hi-tech.....I always wanted to train on one of them balancing surfaces the russian amateurs had....seems like a hell of a boxing aide.

Can you provide a link to this balancing surface? I am a big believer in working on balance but I don't have a "set" way of doing it. I just use my balance as often as possible - used to stand on the bus without holding on on the way to the gym among other things around daily life. Now I drive so that method is gone lol.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I never understood that sort of thing until I read this;
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoho...tion_in_Russia
                    Then it all made sense. Definitely not for everyone but god bless mother Russia.

I clicked on both links, watched the vid, and read the Wiki article.

I don't get the connection you are making here, unless you are making a joke about being drunk, which if that's the case, I get it, but I find it in very poor taste, you're better than that if so.
                    Last edited by LoadedWraps; 11-04-2016, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                      [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="navy"]

Can you provide a link to this balancing surface? I am a big believer in working on balance but I don't have a "set" way of doing it. I just use my balance as often as possible - used to stand on the bus without holding on on the way to the gym among other things around daily life. Now I drive so that method is gone lol.

I've searched for it but can't seem to find it or the show where it was featured....it was some kind of russian show that showed the tech they used in various olympic comitees to train....in the boxing part they had the balancing surface and some kinda ring foam that wouldn't get degraded, more resistant to the pressure/weight of the fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X