Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Mayweather Deserves Catch-Weight, NOT Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how you people call Cotto Diva Canelo diva and so on Triple G I love to death but now he's being the diva. He clearly said he would jump down for any good fight from 154 to 168 he backed down from war and he's back in town from Canelo at a lower weight. But make no mistake Canelo is coming up to the way and we'll fight him I don't know that he'll win but it will be a good fight. By the way I like Cotto Triple G and Canelo no favorites. I can say this though at 160 I think canelo's going to be even stronger and I think that he stands a pretty decent chance to hold his own against Triple G. The one catches Triple G has more stamina to keep coming and coming and coming. If his tank and what's taking those punches canelo's done. But I do believe Canelo is the better boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      I hate to break the news to you but we were not talking about resume's and opponents whatsoever. Come back when you can figure out what the discussion was about.

the conversation is about you attempting to insinuate that Gennady himself has no say in his own career

just like the pac-clowns all used to say about Manny when they were making excuses to justify his shht opponent selection

Comment

• Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
        It's funny how you people call Cotto Diva Canelo diva and so on Triple G I love to death but now he's being the diva. He clearly said he would jump down for any good fight from 154 to 168 he backed down from war and he's back in town from Canelo at a lower weight. But make no mistake Canelo is coming up to the way and we'll fight him I don't know that he'll win but it will be a good fight. By the way I like Cotto Triple G and Canelo no favorites. I can say this though at 160 I think canelo's going to be even stronger and I think that he stands a pretty decent chance to hold his own against Triple G. The one catches Triple G has more stamina to keep coming and coming and coming. If his tank and what's taking those punches canelo's done. But I do believe Canelo is the better boxer.

he has backed down, on EVERYTHING !

ran around for FOUR YEARS saying that he "can beat anyone from 154-168"..... but then made nothing but excuses to avoid doing exactly that

publicly stated that he would fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154..... but then killed BOTH fights over the weight

why would Mr "anyone from 154-168" totally refuse to negotiate on the weight with lil old faded 153lb Cotto, who was - and likely still is - his best possible payday?

Comment

• I thought Canelo said CW wasn't a problem anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            the conversation is about you attempting to insinuate that Gennady himself has no say in his own career

just like the pac-clowns all used to say about Manny when they were making excuses to justify his shht opponent selection
            Golovkins resume is miles away from 👆👆Manny's resume

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              the conversation is about you attempting to insinuate that Gennady himself has no say in his own career. just like the pac-clowns all used to say about Manny when they were making excuses to justify his shht opponent selection
              That was not the conversation.

All boxers have some say but they are obligated by contract. When fighters say "I leave that up to my management" time and time again it is because that is who handles site selection, the opponent, the finances. Only a handful of boxers can get involved with those selections like Ray Leonard, Vitali K, Mayweather, Canelo.

What boxers cannot do is negotiate the finances of a fight directly and accept a fight with no PPV and a flat fee and that is aside from the fact that the offer is asinine to begin with. Boxers are not the ones putting up the money, they do not negotiate financial details, they are not financially responsible for the outcome of making inclusions and exclusions and management would never agree to such terms.
              Last edited by richardt; 10-24-2016, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• spot on, the piece of **** that is canelo, doesnt need a catchweight. ONly reason he wants a catchweight is to put GGG at a disadvantage. Canelo is more than big enough to fight at 160, is just as big as GGG if not bigger already. i still think theres some funny business with diuretics for him to make 154 cause he is huge at it.

Comment

• Canelo Shook as f..k

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    That was not the conversation.

All boxers have some say but they are obligated by contract. When fighters say "I leave that up to my management" time and time again it is because that is who handles site selection, the opponent, the finances. Only a handful of boxers can get involved with those selections like Ray Leonard, Vitali K, Mayweather, Canelo.

What boxers cannot do is negotiate the finances of a fight directly and accept a fight with no PPV and a flat fee and that is aside from the fact that the offer is asinine to begin with. Boxers are not the ones putting up the money, they do not negotiate financial details, they are not financially responsible for the outcome of making inclusions and exclusions and management would never agree to such terms.

that is simply untrue

all fighters have full control over their careers..... we can see that with Mikey Garcia, Andre Ward, even Tim Bradley told Arum to kick rocks.....

Cotto, Canelo, Stevenson, Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Haye, Kovalev, Lomachenko, Lemieux, Khan, Crawford, Broner, Santa-Cruz, Lomachenko, etc..... ALL take the fights they want, and ALL are 100% responsible for their careers/resume's.

those "talk to my promoter" excuses were patented by Pacquiao fans, and are now being extensively used by Golovkin fans

Golovkin is taking the fights he wants, and is passing on the rest..... just like everyone else

Comment

• Mayweather Deserves Catch-Weight, NOT Canelo!

Mayweather Deserves Catch-Weight, NOT Canelo!

" Mayweather deserves " whatever he demands, simply because he earned that right when he paid his dues

when Golovkin has paid his dues, he will earn that right..... but until then..... STFU, take your 10mil, and take your beating from the little red kid.

Abel Sanchez

Comment

Working...
                      X