Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Not Surprised Canelo Isn't Fighting Golovkin Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry merchant the grand wizard of the kkk! So glad hbo threw this senile snake under

Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
    What makes u say something raciest like that. U must be a raciest for one! What has Larry ever done except give Floyd hell for dodging fights? U must be a Floyd lover.

Larry merchant the grand wizard of the kkk! So glad hbo threw this senile snake under the bus.... Good riddance!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      It's better business destroying opponents on sky Ppv for 2x your career high than forfeiting belts, draining yourself down and becoming boxings laughing stock
      I'm just agreeing with Merchant that it goes both ways. A lot of people feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
        Larry merchant the grand wizard of the kkk! So glad hbo threw this senile snake under the bus.... Good riddance!
        yea right as a jew merchant is like the KKK. drugs have given you severe brain damage

Comment

Stfu Merchant you're drunk.

You can't compare two of the biggest names in the sport of boxing & the #1 & #2 PPV draws in boxing history to Canelo who's catchweighting guys in his mid 20's not even his mid to late 30's like the big names have done & gotta crucified over & Mr. 97k PPV buys or whatever GGG got. Its one of if not the best fight to make in the sport, but its hardly gonna be some insanely huge historic event. I think its does 1M PPV buys right now & 1.2M a year from now. It won't even break the top 15 boxing PPV's of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Stfu Merchant you're drunk.

You can't compare two of the biggest names in the sport of boxing & the #1 & #2 PPV draws in boxing history to Canelo who's catchweighting guys in his mid 20's not even his mid to late 30's like the big names have done & gotta crucified over & Mr. 97k PPV buys or whatever GGG got. Its one of if not the best fight to make in the sport, but its hardly gonna be some insanely huge historic event. I think its does 1M PPV buys right now & 1.2M a year from now. It won't even break the top 15 boxing PPV's of all time.

Wouldn't 1.2 million ppv buys be in the top 15 of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              Wouldn't 1.2 million ppv buys be in the top 15 of all time?
              Nope. Just outside of the top 15.

Comment

Of course he's gonna say that... he was with HBO most of his career. Canelo is afraid of GGG. Bottom line. He's 26, he's at his prime age. Canelo won't be good past 30. He's just not built like that. You gotta have power, speed or a he'll of a chin to fight past 30, none of which Canela has. Good luck to him and Golden Boy cashing him out one day!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Always been a fan of Merchant and he is very level headed and fair here. he pulls GGGs card for dragging a WW up 2 weight classes and refusing to move up to fight ward saying it works both ways. And that's my only beef with GGG fans who clearly ignore and justify when GGG makes business decisions based on risk vs reward but when everyone else does it with him oh they just ducking GGG.
                  Can't argue there, but I'm sure the GGG heads will whine about it, and dismiss Merchant, til the cows come home, get some more money, go back out, get drunk again, come home around daybreak. That's just how GGG fans have acted all along. And they wonder why we aren't bowing and kneeling before their cult leader.

You should consider drinking less alcohol.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  He is right about it working both ways since Golovkin just fought a welterweight and also refused to fight Ward. Businessmen making business decisions.

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                  It's better business destroying opponents on sky Ppv for 2x your career high than forfeiting belts, draining yourself down and becoming boxings laughing stock
                  That was one fight. Ask GGG why he fought for less than half he'd have gotten to fight Canelo if he'd just agreed to the CW. Not that I'm a fan of CWs, I'm not. But the money involved would've been well worth it, win or lose. GGGs people said anything 154-168, then as soon as Canelo said 155, they said he!! no. Yes this is a biz, and yes that is a double standard.

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  GGG isn't perfect. He eats leather, but his power makes the difference. I can understand him not wanting to move up. Big boys hit harder than little ones.
                  Exactly

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by redmyth79 View Post
                  What makes u say something raciest like that. U must be a raciest for one! What has Larry ever done except give Floyd hell for dodging fights? U must be a Floyd lover.

On the 3rd bottle of Jack Daniels again? And it's only mid-afternoon? Oh, you'll be a regular laugh riot by midnight.

Originally posted by kali08 View Post
                  Of course he's gonna say that... he was with HBO most of his career. Canelo is afraid of GGG. Bottom line. He's 26, he's at his prime age. Canelo won't be good past 30. He's just not built like that. You gotta have power, speed or a he'll of a chin to fight past 30, none of which Canela has. Good luck to him and Golden Boy cashing him out one day!
                  Canelo is hugely popular, quite accomplished, and will be in the top 10 richest fighters ever when he retires. And will probably retire by his early 30s, by choice. What more? He should run the show the way YOU think he should? What financial advisor experience do you have on ANY level, let alone at Canelo's level?

I'll just sit back and continue enjoying Canelo fights and appreciating his fighting style. We'll get the GGG fight soon enough. If Floydie can actually get by with bilking the fans 5 years for the Pac fight, I can wait a year or 2 for Canelo/GGG.

Comment

Miss this guy so much. Bring him back!

Comment

Tired of hearing GGG hasn't stepped up to ward? Ward has doine very little in hius career most thought he was retiured until recently. Ward is stepping up four a change.

GGG dont need to step up. He wants to be best 16o guy. If u think u can beat him at 160 ask him and he may give u a chance. Prove to him he's overated as a middleweight. He will take on all comers

Comment

Working...
                      X