Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth of Thurman's power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than enough Power to hurt any of the other top Welterweight Divisions many who are no where near as tough or has the chin that Porter has

People overrate the FUK out of Power on this Forum, for some of you that is the only fuking thing you know about boxing is "POWER"

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Very few fighters consistently stop fighters at the world class level. Thurman clearly hits hard. He's just not a dynamite puncher like Golovkin or Kovalev. Nothing wrong with that.

Yep..........

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Very few fighters consistently stop fighters at the world class level. Thurman clearly hits hard. He's just not a dynamite puncher like Golovkin or Kovalev. Nothing wrong with that.
        GGG and Kovalev aren't fighting in a competitive division against guys with skills and power.
        Last edited by Kigali; 06-26-2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

One time is at the lower level, you can't one time guys at the top level. He would have to get use to going the distance nowadays. Did he even stop collazo?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            One time is at the lower level, you can't one time guys at the top level. He would have to get use to going the distance nowadays. Did he even stop collazo?
            Agreed.

That's not to say Thurman can't punch but this thread is in response to all those talking about Thurman as a power puncher. True power punchers stop guys at the highest level, GGG, Kovalev, Donaire and so on.

Thurman couldn't even stun porter following the 3rd round. That's a bad sign for a supposed power puncher. I still remember the 9th when he landed a helacious upper cut and the showtime team creamed themselves and kept talking about...even though Porter had already turned him and landed 3-4 punches stopping Thurman against the ropes.

Broner hurt Porter worse, as did Brook. Porter has a terrific chin but he isn't granite and Thurman didn't do him much. In fact, looking at the 2 guys after the fight, Thurman looked much worse.

Like I said, it should be Thurman "some time".

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              More than enough Power to hurt any of the other top Welterweight Divisions many who are no where near as tough or has the chin that Porter has

People overrate the FUK out of Power on this Forum, for some of you that is the only fuking thing you know about boxing is "POWER"
              You lot are the ones that were overrating Thurman's "power". I kept telling you he doesn't have KO power at the highest level. When you can't stop a 40 year old Bundu then you're in trouble.

Thurman can punch but all of you are back tracking and trying to make out like you weren't all overrating his power. The guy caught Porter clean like 200 times and Porter just walked through it 199 times.

Thurman ain't one time. You can hate on me for saying it but it's the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                hahahaha IKR

Dr Rumack and that other fool, I think it was boliopig, like I asked, name me one world class opponent that Thurman has stopped?
                boliodogs
                what happened Dr Rumack and boliodogs ?

I asked a pretty simple question, what world class fighter did Thurman KO? Boxrec aint helping your dorrito eating ass on this one

Comment

When you face top level fighters your ko rate drops..Broner has more speed then Thurman and is more athletic.....different styles son

Comment

Thuman was smothering his shots. if he knew how to step back or to the side then he would have caught Porter coming in

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                      When you face top level fighters your ko rate drops..Broner has more speed then Thurman and is more athletic.....different styles son
                      They just don't get it.

Put Thurman in a dead division and the KO's would come on the regular.

Comment

Working...
                      X