No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Is this professional? Should a reporter be picking twitter fights with a boxer because that boxer won't fight a guy the reporter wants him to fight? Is Rafael a reporter or promoter?

I love that tweet by Froch.

It made fat Dan so mad. He was ranting for weeks on Froch.

Comment

Is this professional? Should a reporter be picking twitter fights with a boxer because that boxer won't fight a guy the reporter wants him to fight? Is Rafael a reporter or promoter?

A much better example of Dan being unprofessional than saying Broner should grow up

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
        thats a statement more suited for the thread creator.

I am just answering with facts, deal with it.
        No you're not, that's why I'm calling you out.

Comment

He didn't burn his ties, he sold his company and he still does music promotions from time to time. What are you talking about? Next you're going to say Beyonce and Jay-Z sued Haymon, which is also a lie.
          Even if they did sue him, that poster is still full of ****. Haymon has been in music for 40+ years. If getting sued means being run out of an industry then Arum, King, Diddy, Jimmy Iovine and damn near every major entrepreneur would have never existed.

Comment

I read Rafael's Friday chats and he likes many Haymon fighters. I believe he even gave the pbc a "B" grade when he was asked. He obviously thinks it's insane that there is nobody from pbc that will answer any relevant question that journalists want to ask....and if any "fan" doesn't agree with him on that point than they are extremely ignorant and possibly ******ed.

Comment

Fat Dan got TKO'd.

Burger and fries.

Comment

So according to the Floyd fan boys if you aren't kissing Als azz then you are disrespectful and unprofessional ok got it thanks

Comment

Imagine Adam Schefter trolling Peyton Manning on Twitter, or Tim Kurkjian trolling Albert Pujols, or Michael Wilbon trolling Stephon Curry, or Pierre LeBrun trolling Patrick Kane.

But with boxing, you have Dan Rafael constantly trolling and talking **** about everybody he doesn't like. David Haye, Adrien Broner, Floyd Mayweather Jr, Andre Ward, and on and on and on. And then this mother ****er wants to keep it professional?

Comment

I think most of this article is petty & hack-ish, although I expect that from Hauser, but even as a PBC & Haymon fan I think there has been some huge missteps in the last 12 months.

I certainly agree Dan Rafael is a huge assclown, but he's an assclown who's the Mayweather of boxing writers. Dislike him or hate him Rafael has more casual & hardcore boxing fans reading his columns than any other writer. He's a guy you invite to things like the PBC announcement. Rafael gets the 1st question & an exclusive interview. Its not sucking up to Rafael its getting your product & your spin put right into the laps of the people you want watching your product.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                      He obviously thinks it's insane that there is nobody from pbc that will answer any relevant question that journalists want to ask....and if any "fan" doesn't agree with him on that point than they are extremely ignorant and possibly ******ed.
                      Definitely agree with this.

PBC doesn't necessarily need Haymon taking on questions by Rafael or anyone else, but PBC needs SOMEONE who can do that job. If Hauser is correct in how Haymon is running things its easy to see why there isn't a PBC spokesperson. No one could do that job BUT Haymon if Hauser is correct.

And obviously he's never been a fan of dealing with the media. And thats fine imo. Some demonize Haymon just on that fact alone, but this isn't a business where not having a spokesperson, even if its not yourself, is gonna help you & in fact it can hurt you.

Even all the NFL's, NBA's & UFC's, that I feel like PBC is attempting to become, has someone out in the open speaking on behalf of their particular group. This is 2016. Company spin & propaganda is important to your success when everyone & their grandmother is on twitter, FB & every social media outlet under the sun to bash you at every wrong move they feel you have taken.

Comment

Working...
                      X