Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of boxing is black and Hispanic bruh...

Caleb Plant doing any numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by MusaWorld View Post
      In recent years, there has been a widespread myth floating around that the Black American style of boxing is boring, unappealing, not fan friendly and simply doesn't sell. This is a long list of main events featuring at least one Black American that attracted a 10k+ crowd.

Gervonta Davis vs. Ricardo Nunez, 07/27/2019
      Venue: Royal Farms Arena
      Announced Crowd: 14,686
      source

Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale, 05/18/2019
      Venue: Barclays Center
      Announced Crowd: 13,181
      source

Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan, 04/20/2019
      Venue: Madison Square Garden
      Announced Crowd: 14,091
      source

Errol Spence vs. Mikey Garcia, 03/16/2019
      Venue: Cowboys Stadium
      Announced Crowd: 47,525*
      source
      *Click here for proof that Errol Spence was the one who attracted all those fans, not Mikey Garcia.

Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury, 12/01/2019
      Venue: Staples Center
      Announced Crowd: 17,698
      source

Terence Crawford vs. Jose Benavidez, 10/13/19
      Venue: CHI Health Center
      Announced Crowd: 13,323
      source

Shawn Porter vs. Danny Garcia, 09/08/2018
      Announced Crowd: 13,058
      source

Errol Spence vs. Carlos Ocampo, 06/16/2019
      Venue: The Ford Center at The Star
      Announced Crowd: 12,064
      source

Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz, 03/03/2018
      Announced Crowd: 14,069
      source

Errol Spence vs. Lamont Peterson, 01/20/2018
      Venue: Barlcays Center
      Announced Crowd: 12,107
      source
      Could you give some names/example sources? I havent personally seen anyone on here saying that (unless I missed something)

Comment

What myth is that. It's a new one on me.

Comment

I'd call it a narrative pushed by the media. They also pushed the narrative black people don't buy tickets to fights.

Comment

Exactly, but people will say that they only paid to watch Floyd lose and that Floyd doesn't have a real fan base. If that's the case, then why does he have tons of highlight videos on youtube? With millions of views at that, no one can watch him lose on a highlight video lol.
            Daniel The Jew Mendoza is why.

Floyd sells based on Mendoza's blueprint. The Money persona is intentional, no two ways about it. I'm sure his hate supersedes his fans, I'm a fan btw, but that doesn't negate the existence of fans.

Mendoza was undoubtedly hated. They formed a conspiracy to cheat him out of the ring from back in the day when blacks and jews simply were not allowed to win. Mendoza knew what they'd try to do to him and counter-acted it with a strategy that both lined his pockets and kept him safe from harm in the ring.

Even though Daniel was eventually cheated of his title he still impressed those in a similar situation. It would be blacks and jew Mendoza trained and black and jews would be the largest portion of his fan base.

So, yeah, you can be hated and loved. The racists christian whites were easily the vast majority of any crowd in England in the 1790s, Daniel Mendoza is still the godfather of defense and fight sales. His support was strong but small. It'd be fair to say, to be concise, that Mendoza was hated and made money off that hate despite being loved and influencing boxing more then any single one person including the rule writers.

No one fights Broughton or LPRR anymore, not even modern bare knuckle goes by those rules. Mendoza School boxing still exists in full. Most influential character in boxing history, was hated in his time. It happens my dude.

Mayweather is the clearest example of a modern Mendoza we have. He has influence, he has money, he has in ring safety, he works the media, he price jumps. He is hated by most and loved vehemently by a smaller crowd.

No shame in it.

As far as do black, like as an audience, support boxing? C'mon man, anyway claiming they don't is just being dumb as ****. America hardly gives a **** about boxing without black folk.

Comment

What a corny thing to discuss

Propaganda thread

Comment

Exactly, but people will say that they only paid to watch Floyd lose and that Floyd doesn't have a real fan base. If that's the case, then why does he have tons of highlight videos on youtube? With millions of views at that, no one can watch him lose on a highlight video lol.
                Except he has lost but not on the corrupt officials' scorecards.

Comment

This is race baiting and untrue. Fu.ck off.

Comment

Working...
                  X