Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone named Moynihan has Oscar Valdez ahead of Usyk on his P4P list for ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone named Moynihan has Oscar Valdez ahead of Usyk on his P4P list for ESPN

And his votes count for ESPN's list.

It's one thing to have your opinion, but like, wtf is that? Is it nationalism? "America first!"? "America and Mexico first!"? What else explains it? He has Wilder, Valdez, and Mikey all above Usyk.

Oh **** I just found a worse one. Someone named Pilatti. His bottom 4 are Valdez, Wilder, Garcia, and Estrada, all US or Mexican just like the three Moynihan had above Usyk, except Pilatti does not have Usyk on the list at all.

What else can this be besides blatant, I don't know if discrimination is too strong a word, but prejudice, against foreign boxers? It's supposed to be a universal list of who the ten best boxers are in the world regardless of weight class. What are they doing? These rankings affect a boxer's reputation, legacy, and even his financial earnings. It would be one thing if this was a reasonable, plausible, subjective opinion, but does anyone actually believe these two believe all those boxers are better, P4P, let alone more accomplished, than Usyk? I don't believe that for a second, so then how can they be rated higher if not for bias or prejudice based on where they come from? And is that really acceptable, especially for one of the most SJW corporation in sports, ESPN?
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 06-12-2019, 10:28 PM.

Youre right man there is no excuse or explanation for it. Usyk and loma should be at the top by far. Canelo Alvarez I understand as well and the rest is debatable but i wouldnt even have valdez or estrada in my top ten.

Comment

Working...
    X