Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shane Mosley has officially retired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I first discovered Sugar Shane back in 1997. What a fighter he was. That first fight with DLH in 2000 will alway be one of my fondest fight memories. Such a great competitive bout and I had a hunch Mosley was going to take it. Ditto 2009 and Margarito. Another legendary night and his last notable performance.

I unfortunately, attended the Pac vs Mosley fight in Vegas and was more than a little disappointed in his performance. Ditto his attempts against Mayweather and Mora. By the time he got to Canelo, the writing was engraved on the wall.

But throughout the years I'd always make a point of tuning in for a Mosley bout. The man was always entertaining and willing to let those hands fly. He was a very entertaining fighter and a fine warrior.

Thank you Shane for everything. Much love from Vancouver, BC, Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Ringmagazine Lem: Shane Mosley has officially retired, his camp coordinator, Hassan Abdulrahim has informed R ingTV.com #boxing

https://twitter.com/intent/user?scre...e=ringmagazine
      About time.. I don't know how many people said he was finished after Floyd shut him down and Mora validated that Mosley was finished. There is no question about why Pac "fought" Mosley when he did. He was done... I guess Alvarez just needed the name...

At least Mosley is wise enough to call it a day.
      Last edited by WESS; 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Shane Mosley = scum epo user cheater
        Dont let the door hit you on the way out

Comment

Great career, had some great wins. At the end it was hard to watch, hopefully those last couple of paydays will last the rest of his life, because they might take a toll on his health at some point. Maybe Roy and Evander see this and finally decide to quit living in fantasy land and retire before they die or get hurt.

Comment

I think he is overrated. Lost to every good fighter he fought practically. He is borderline HOF maybe because of what he did at 135 and that is it.

Comment

closing the book on what was a great ERA IMO with Winky Wright and Shane Mosley two future Hall Of Famers FOR SURE retiring with in the last few days

Hopefully both stay around the sport and be Trainers, I am sure Shane will focus on his Son Now

Comment

Have a good retirement Shane...do your promoting thing and hire someone to kill the ex..........just kidding........................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................not really

Comment

Although he was scared of pac hes still a good boxer and had a good career.

Comment

Even though he really pissed me off with his performances against Floyd and Pac, and even moreso when he KO'd Margarito who at the time was one of my favorite fighters, you have to respect the guy's abilities and accomplishments. Thanks for a great career, Mosley! Enjoy retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by HotSizzle View Post
                      Although he was scared of pac hes still a good boxer and had a good career.
                      He was already shot when PAC fought him.

Comment

Working...
                      X