• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd: p4p, PPV, and illegally pirated stream king

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Likewise

Been avoiding boxing since June..... I'm forever shook. I lost my passion for the sport, unfortunately

But if GGG beats canelo, I'll be back!!
      Yeah your boy kinda don't want it no more. The retirement talk was a little disconcerting.

I think Canelo UD's GGG. Only way IMO Canelo can win is to move and box.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
        Likewise

Been avoiding boxing since June..... I'm forever shook. I lost my passion for the sport, unfortunately

But if GGG beats canelo, I'll be back!!
        bltch

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          Floyd: p4p, PPV, and illegally pirated stream king
          Just realized the illegal streams alone for this fight would be the 3rd highest selling PPV of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yeah your boy kinda don't want it no more. The retirement talk was a little disconcerting.

I think Canelo UD's GGG. Only way IMO Canelo can win is to move and box.
            Im confident ggg wins comfortably, but I actually just googled him the other day and realized his alreadt 35 :/

Wasted too much time being "built" by Loefller. CAnelo fight is a career defining fight, but sadly I do not think there is much left for him after Canelo, this fight is 1.5 years too late, IMHO

Comment

Just realized the illegal streams alone for this fight would be the 3rd highest selling PPV of all time.
              Yeah... that's crazy as sh it to think about

Comment

I responded to Lockard by posting my belief was people stream it illegally because they can't afford to buy it in response to his post.
                i disagree with that, but i see

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  i disagree with that, but i see
                  Ok. some others did as well. It's all good.

Comment

Waiting for it on DVD/Netflix doesn't take money away from the actors. They get a cut of that. So its not exactly the same thing my initial post was about-the revenue that illegal streams take from the fighters themselves.

Streaming isn't more convenient. Streams get shut down you have to find another one, although the facebook live broadcasting doesn't seem to me to be as problematic.

The only benefit to streaming is cost related so I don't think you can just pass it of as a reason or minimize it.
                    If you think more than maybe 10-15% at the most of the people who streamed it would have bought it on PPV, then you are sadly mistaken.

Comment

Intersting stories about possible codes being inserted in some streams in the UK.

https://torrentfreak.com/mystery-cod...treams-170827/
                      Mystery Codes Appear in 'Pirate' Mayweather v. McGregor Streams

If that was indeed the case, it’s certainly possible that the sequence of numbers would allow Sky to track the illicit stream back to a subscriber and/or a set-top box tied to a particular account. Since that subscriber has then re-streamed that content back online illegally, the code would act as a homing beacon and could spell bad news for the individual involved.

The other possibility is that the codes were not put there by Sky or another official broadcaster in the chain, but by someone in the illicit streaming market. Pirate streams are vulnerable to being ‘stolen’ in much the same way that official streams are, so it’s possible that a provider wanted to keep tabs on where its streams were ending up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...ather-11074719

Bad news for illegal streamers of Mayweather vs McGregor due to mysterious watermarks hidden in footage

It's been suggested that the code, around 20 to 23 digits long, was the Sky TV customer ID of the subscriber who had paid to watch the fight.

Sky TV could then monitor the illegal streams of the fight and work out which customers were illegally rebroadcasting their footage online.
                      There is no suggestion in the reports that Sky would try to track the viewers of those illegal streams but would instead go after those who provided the stream.
                      Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 08-29-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X