Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

****** 'expert' picks- 21 out of 21 picked porter to beat brook.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Kell gets caught or buzzed he steps his game way up. He knows how to clench and survive. This could be good.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      What's the point of this thread? That sometimes predictions are wrong?

Everyone picked Foreman to crush Ali too.

Should people be afraid to pick Spence because Porter lost? What the hell kind of logic is that?

You never know until the fight..... except in the case of Pacquiao-Horn.
      The point is that Brook is an amazing win for GGG.
      Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-25-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
        my point is that people dont learn there lesson. you are all so impressed with unbeaten americans beating B level pillow punchers.
        You can't re-write history. At the time Porter was coming off a KO W of Paulie (who'd won 6 of his last 7 fights) + Devon (who's only lost to Bradley in his career) meanwhile Brook's best two opponents were within the last 2 years over Vyacheslav Senchenko (who Paulie, probably a pillow puncher in your book, also KO'd a year before which says a lot about his punch resistance) & 2 W's over Carson Jones (of which the first one he greatly struggled in & one could argue he could've lost).

And lets not forget that Porter vs Brook was scored by one judge, a UK judge who scored for Brook in the past, a draw. And there were pundits & fans who felt Porter deserved to have straight out won.

Official punch stats:

Brook: 441 Thrown, 158 Landed, 36% Connect Rate
        Porter: 626 Thrown, 154 Landed, 25% Connect Rate

Average boxing media scores (61 in total): 115-113 Brook

Brook: 49 media scores, 80%
        Porter: 9 media scores, 15%
        Draw: 3 media scores, 5%
        http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/nine...nst-kell-brook

a couple of the names who had it Porter's way
        Jim Watt (Sky TV) : 115-114 Porter (Ringside)
        Andy Clarke (BoxNation TV) : 115-113 Porter (TV)
        This wasn't a hype job being exposed by a clearly superior fighter.

This was two top ten guys, one with a clearly better resume, that lead people to pick him in a competitive fight that ended up being competitive although proving the pundits wrong in their picks.

This is no conspiracy of US fans & pundits. I'd bet I or someone else could find UK fans & pundits who picked Porter to.

Or A- troll thread.
        Last edited by Eff Pandas; 05-25-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You can't re-write history. At the time Porter was coming off a KO W of Paulie (who'd won 6 of his last 7 fights) + Devon (who's only lost to Bradley in his career) meanwhile Brook's best two opponents were within the last 2 years over Vyacheslav Senchenko (who Paulie, probably a pillow puncher in your book, also KO'd a year before which says a lot about his punch resistance) & 2 W's over Carson Jones (of which the first one he greatly struggled in & one could argue he could've lost).

And lets not forget that Porter vs Brook was scored by one judge, a UK judge who scored for Brook in the past, a draw. And there were pundits & fans who felt Porter deserved to have straight out won.

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/nine...nst-kell-brook

a couple of the names who had it Porter's way

This wasn't a hype job being exposed by a clearly superior fighter.

This was two top ten guys, one with a clearly better resume, that lead people to pick him in a competitive fight that ended up being competitive although proving the pundits wrong in their picks.

This is no conspiracy of US fans & pundits. I'd bet I or someone else could find UK fans & pundits who picked Porter to.

Or A- troll thread.
          spence wont do as well as porter did, trust me on that....

Comment

No one knew who the **** he was before that fight
            Just don't disappear from the site after Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              No one knew who the **** he was before that fight
              Just don't disappear from the site after Saturday
              i wont, i will be here win lose or draw. bigdramashow is going nowhere....

Comment

i wont, i will be here win lose or draw. bigdramashow is going nowhere....
                did you reach out to any of these guys picking Spence on social media to tell them you disagreed with their picks?

Comment

dont know how spence has suddenly become a clear favourite too with the bookies, too many people guzzling that hype and putting money on him im guessing. cause brook was a clear favourite initially.
                  This part is interesting to me. And this may be about UK fans not believing in Brook more than anything else (& could explain why Porter was a 2-1 betting favorite over Brook too) cuz as an avid bettor I take advantage of the "UK lean" on UK vs non-UK fights all the time & was expecting to get Spence at dog odds here in what I felt is a 50/50ish fight where I favor Spence.

From seeing how lines split in the past everything suggested to me this would be pick em best case for Spence with Brook being a solid favorite being more likely. So Spence being a -200ish favorite (67% to win) was quite a surprise to me. But that speaks of even UK bettors taking Spence here or more specifically not taking Brook.

Maybe UK fans don't believe in Brook in general. Maybe they don't believe he'll be 100% after the GGG fight. Maybe they don't even bet on him at all cuz they just don't give a f#ck about him like other UK fighters. Idk but for sure there is something going on with the lines with Brook that's unusual compared to other elite level UK fighters.

Comment

my point is that people dont learn there lesson. you are all so impressed with unbeaten americans beating B level pillow punchers.
                    Spence's nationality has nothing to do with it, leave it. Dude is a hot prospect with solid fundamentals putting guys in body bags. Hasn't missed a step in a single fight. A guy like that will have some hype behind him regardless what country he's from.

Sometimes those guys turn out to be Andre Ward or GGG, sometimes they turn out to be Vyacheslav Senchenko. Never know until you know.

There's no 'lesson' to learn here... a hungry young guy is challenging an established champion. If you have some secret formula worked out to predict how that scenario will always play out.... inbox me so I can place a bet.

Comment

spence wont do as well as porter did, trust me on that....
                      I don't know how we'd even bet on that exactly since we disagree & you don't pay your bets anyway iirc, but I'm as confident Spence will do better than Porter as you aren't.

Although I do acknowledge that UK refs do seem to operate on a thinner line with stopping fights, likely because of how much influence injuries have had in the past in the UK with boxing, so I for sure could see a quick stoppage in a competitive fight, just a outright bad stoppage in a competitive fight or even a early stoppage in a fight that never got to the point of competitive cuz it was stopped so early that could go against Spence so that's likely is how you'd win if you do end up being right.

Comment

Working...
                      X