Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Cop assaults Black Teen at a Pool Party

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought it was funny how he wiped out at the beginning.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      If a cop patrols a rougher section if a city and he sees a white kid in a hoody walking down the street, and on the opposite side of the street he sees a black kid in a hoody, who do you think he's going to pay more attention to???
      I think it depends on the situation. You've already decided that it's the black kid, but realistically if they recognise the white kid as a tweaker, or the white kid has just got out of jail for beating up his girlfriend or there's a bulletin to look out for a white suspect then the white guy will get checked out. Similarly if it's a majority black neighbourhood and the white kid looks like he doesn't belong in the neighbourhood the white kid might get checked out because he might be in a rough neighbourhood to score drugs and would therefore be able to provide valuable intel about what's happening in the area.

On the other hand if the cop recognises the black kid, or the black kid stands out or if the black kid attempts to shield his face from the cop or displays characteristics of an armed person then that's who the cop will talk to.

I don't even want to say it's blatant racism, though sometimes it is, but it's just stereotypes and profiling, I don't think anyone could deny cops tend to have a different outlook on a black person than a white person.

But I agree, a lot of it has to do with an income problem too.
      The reason is that black people have a greater tendency to get involved in the crime than white people. It's important to stress that this is not because there's something inherently criminal about black people but because criminality is associated with poverty and poverty afflicts black people at a greater rate than it does white people.

Are you saying that police should ignore demographic trends when it comes to criminality? Wouldn't that be, I don't know, racist?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        I think it depends on the situation. You've already decided that it's the black kid, but realistically if they recognise the white kid as a tweaker, or the white kid has just got out of jail for beating up his girlfriend or there's a bulletin to look out for a white suspect then the white guy will get checked out. Similarly if it's a majority black neighbourhood and the white kid looks like he doesn't belong in the neighbourhood the white kid might get checked out because he might be in a rough neighbourhood to score drugs and would therefore be able to provide valuable intel about what's happening in the area.

On the other hand if the cop recognises the black kid, or the black kid stands out or if the black kid attempts to shield his face from the cop or displays characteristics of an armed person then that's who the cop will talk to.

The reason is that black people have a greater tendency to get involved in the crime than white people. It's important to stress that this is not because there's something inherently criminal about black people but because criminality is associated with poverty and poverty afflicts black people at a greater rate than it does white people.

Are you saying that police should ignore demographic trends when it comes to criminality? Wouldn't that be, I don't know, racist?
        You obviously have no idea how things are in this country. You're oversimplifying this is as if all cops are good law abiding citizens who don't see color. It's not that simple. Some cops(not all) see race first and that's indisputable.

Also, black people getting stopped or profiled is not limited to impoverished areas.
        Last edited by joseph5620; 06-17-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X