Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Manny says he's gonna go back to his aggressive style when he was 25-26

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Manny says he's gonna go back to his aggressive style when he was 25-26

Makes me that more interested in the fight. I don't think it's even debatable to say that wouldn't help his chances, he had much more success in the first two fights against Marquez than he did in the 3rd fight. Even Nacho said Pacquiao's improvements would be detrimental to his success going into the 3rd fight, Manny got all big headed and thought he could play chess with a chess master. I'm actually looking forward to this, miss the old Manny

If he fights like his old self he will gas out if he fails to stop Marquez in the first half of the fight. I don't think it is a case of Pacquiao being big headed, when fighters age they have to start relying on their boxing IQ as their athleticism is no longer at its peak.

Comment

War. That's what this fight needs to be.

Comment

Won't change anything. I think Pac will finally beat him clearly this time though, Marquez looked pretty crappy against Fedchenko, but that could have just been because Fedcheno sucks too. Marquez always seems to rise to the occasion.

Still not going to buy this PPV.

Comment

He's not the same anymore. His stamina is not the same, his speed is not the same, his power is not the same. Every boxer has to adapt his style when they start getting older. If he could fight like he did in the past then I'm sure he would do it, but he's not capable of that anymore and there's nothing wrong with that, that's just the way things are.

Comment

To be honest when I hear stuff like that from any fighter it makes me think they are going to get beat bad.

There is no turning back the clock and trying is not accepting reality which is a huge issue for a fighter. A fighter needs to be honest with them self and embrace the changes they need to make to stay at the top level~ but not everyone can do that or everyone would be B-Hop or Archie Moore.

Comment

Pac wont be able to go back to his old style, he was a beast back than cuz he was poor and he had hunger for money, now that he has it his aggressiveness has decreased.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                Makes me that more interested in the fight. I don't think it's even debatable to say that wouldn't help his chances, he had much more success in the first two fights against Marquez than he did in the 3rd fight. Even Nacho said Pacquiao's improvements would be detrimental to his success going into the 3rd fight, Manny got all big headed and thought he could play chess with a chess master. I'm actually looking forward to this, miss the old Manny

I really REALLY think that is the point of them saying this. To get people interested in ANOTHER Pac-Marquez fight. Pacquiao isn't 25 years old anymore. He can't fight like that. Maybe for the 1-2 rounds but I expect the fight to go the same way the 3rd did.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  If he fights like his old self he will gas out if he fails to stop Marquez in the first half of the fight. I don't think it is a case of Pacquiao being big headed, when fighters age they have to start relying on their boxing IQ as their athleticism is no longer at its peak.
                  He has slowed, I was one of the first people on here to bring that up but he's still extremely fast. All I'm saying is, looking to land counter right hooks against Marquez proved to be stupid, how many times was he looking for that punch? How many times he land it? 3 times?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    Won't change anything. I think Pac will finally beat him clearly this time though, Marquez looked pretty crappy against Fedchenko, but that could have just been because Fedcheno sucks too. Marquez always seems to rise to the occasion.

Still not going to buy this PPV.
                    IMO, Fedchenko didn't play into him. He was extra cautious and made sure not to make any mistakes. Fedchenko caught Marquez a few times though.
                    Pac's too old to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X