Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How great are you when the fighter moving up gives you lose or your hardest fight?

I never was a Hagler fan because i dont think he challenged himself...his biggest wins were against little guys and Duran even went the distance with him in a close fight!!the real special fighters are the ones who HAVE to move UP to fight A REAL CHALLENGE!! the bigger man SHOULD DOMINATE THE SMALLER GUY EASILY!!!..special talent usually produces special results

You have gone full rtard with your assessment of Hagler. Finally you are exposed as a mayweather lover and not an actual boxing fan. So was Leonard not great then? Since he lost to a lightweight moving up?

Comment

They are still great, their opponents (that move up) are just extraordinary. Winning and dominance is not to be dismissed.

Comment

Skills win fights, NOT size.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          I never was a Hagler fan because i dont think he challenged himself...his biggest wins were against little guys and Duran even went the distance with him in a close fight!!the real special fighters are the ones who HAVE to move UP to fight A REAL CHALLENGE!! the bigger man SHOULD DOMINATE THE SMALLER GUY EASILY!!!..special talent usually produces special results
          I was always wondered why he didn't move to 175 to challenge the man.......

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
            Skills win fights, NOT size.
            Yes Lomachenko would totally beat Joshua.

Skills can overcome a size advantage to an extent, but the size is still an advantage.

Comment

You must love pacquaio due to the fact he won 8 world titles in 8 divisions, 3 more than your boyfriend, does that mean you will give pacquaio his deserved props

Comment

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
                You must love pacquaio due to the fact he won 8 world titles in 8 divisions, 3 more than your boyfriend, does that mean you will give pacquaio his deserved props
                Here's the divisions Pacquiao won major world titles in.

WBC flyweight champion (112 lbs)
                IBF super bantamweight champion (122 lbs)
                WBC super featherweight champion (130 lbs)
                WBC lightweight champion (135 lbs)
                WBO welterweight champion (147 lbs) (3×)
                WBC super welterweight champion (154 lbs)

How many is that? Can you count?

Comment

Sometimes being the smaller fighter moving up can be at an advantage if the smaller fighter is blessed with speed. It heavily depends on the fighters styles.

Way too much emphasise gets placed on this P4P stuff. No fighter in history is perfect and will be vulnerable to a certain style. Also fighters moving up these days means nothing. Many fighters starve themselves to weight classes where they truly don't belong and simple are forced to move up. Etc Broner

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    It depends is the fighter allowed to weigh in at 154? or must be drained to 152 for it to count?

Comment

Working...
                    X