No announcement yet.

García made history with his 4th belt.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 5 P4P.

Mikey Garcia is not only one of the best boxers on the planet, but also an awesome guy.

Congrats champ.

Comment

A lot easier to win belts at several divisions in this era where you can pick and choose than it is to unify.

If these belt collectors want to do something really impressive then start clearing out divisions not fighting paper titlist after paper titlist.

Didn't he win a title by quitting? then Roman Martinez (terrible champion), Zlaticanan (who?) Lipinets (again who? some failed kickboxer with a handful of fights).
      He's never even been in a 50/50.

His resume is no better than the next mans only the C level guys they've been beating wasn't handed vacant titles.

Comment

Four weight world champion and his best win is who? Adrien Broner? All anyone needs to know really, real talk.

Comment

Good for Mikey. Let me know when he fights someone of consequence

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
            Exactly... And without polémic fights like Castillo vs Floyd or González vs Cuadras
            Dont ever in your pathetic life put the garcia innthe same category as the goat Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Four weight world champion and his best win is who? Adrien Broner? All anyone needs to know really, real talk.
              becoming a 4 title champnis not nearly as hard as it once was with all these paper belts/organizations

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                becoming a 4 title champnis not nearly as hard as it once was with all these paper belts/organizations

Absolutely.
                We're at a stage where fighters are able to win titles at 3-4 weights without even having to fight one elite or even truly world class opponent. Mikey for one, Adrien Broner for another.
                Inoue is going for a third now and has left several absolutely talent stacked divisions without fighting anybody of note.
                A lot easier to beat a Jamie McDonnell for a third title than it is beating a Yafai, Sor Rungvisai etc

Its much harder to clear out one division having to fight your mandatories. You don't have that luxury or being able to choose weak links.
                There are way too many titles and versions these days.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  And I believe only the 4th fighter in history to win titles in 4 divisions undefeated. The others being ODLH, Mayweather and Chocolatito.
                  In reality, Jeff fenech was the first, but was robbed blind by don king against Nelson.

Comment

It's a good accomplishment for Mikey but I think he's even better than that. I think Mikey could be a unified champion at 135 AND 140 lbs at the same time. Yes, he's that much better than the current crop of champions at these weights.

I like that he didn't forget about the unfinished business at 135, he can still go down to 135 to fight Easter, which Mikey should beat in a competitive fight and then fight Linares, which would be a great fight between the 2 best fundamentally sound fighters in the sport and then Mikey could move back up to fight one of the other champs at 140. Now that's an accomplishment to talk about and after he's done with all of that and there's nobody else to fight at 140 then he can try his luck at 147 in a big money fight that he can retire after.

Hopefully the IBF don't pull some of thier notorious bull**** and strip Mikey for fighting at another weight class and postponing one of their meaningless mandatories. The hardest thing about unifying these days are these money hungry sanctioning bodies forcing fighters to fight meaningless fights nobody wants to see so that they can make some money, hopefully they give Mikey the chance to chase greatness.
                    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 03-11-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                      It's a good accomplishment for Mikey but I think he's even better than that. I think Mikey could be a unified champion at 135 AND 140 lbs at the same time. Yes, he's that much better than the current crop of champions at these weights.

I like that he didn't forget about the unfinished business at 135, he can still go down to 135 to fight Easter, which Mikey should beat in a competitive fight and then fight Linares, which would be a great fight between the 2 best fundamentally sound fighters in the sport and then Mikey could move back up to fight one of the other champs at 140. Now that's an accomplishment to talk about and after he's done with all of that and there's nobody else to fight at 140 then he can try his luck at 147 in a big money fight that he can retire after.
                      Well said. I think Mikey Garcia is one of the most fundamentally pure fighters out there. In addition he has a good chin. Boxing history will recognize him as one of the greats in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X