No announcement yet.

Arguello's right hand. A thing of beauty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguello's right hand. A thing of beauty

The explosive thin man was one of my all time favorites. That right hand of his was just a beautiful punch. In my opinion, his right was one of the most explosive punches I have ever seen regardless of weight class. I loved watching his fights and to this day still watch his fights on DVD and on Youtube. I sure do miss fighters like Arguello. What a class man and great champion.

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
    The explosive thin man was one of my all time favorites. That right hand of his was just a beautiful punch. In my opinion, his right was one of the most explosive punches I have ever seen regardless of weight class. I loved watching his fights and to this day still watch his fights on DVD and on Youtube. I sure do miss fighters like Arguello. What a class man and great champion.
    Boxing ain't what it used to be.....

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
      Not too many explosive thin men these days, not like this.

Comment

Yeah, it's like one of those reporters said on Legendary Nights, Arguello was one of the boxers you thought of that personified the term "the sweet science." Also loved the class he showed both with losing to Pryor and beating Mancini. They made a pretty good TV movie about Mancini, not sure who would play Arguello in a movie about him. Probably would have to be somebody lesser known who can pull off the look with a mustache.

Comment

For any who think there is really no such thing as a straight right, watch Arguello's right.

Comment

Arguello had as much power in the championship rounds as he did in the early rounds which allowed him to be patient for a ko.

Comment

As great as Alexis was, could he have pulled off that right against Kenty, O'Grady, or Davis jr?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                As great as Alexis was, could he have pulled off that right against Kenty, O'Grady, or Davis jr?
                Do you think any of them could best Arguello?

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Do you think any of them could best Arguello?
                  I don't think they would, but that's just me.

Comment

The timing of Arguello was too good, the moment he saw the opening was the moment where you were out.

Comment

Working...
                    X