Collapse
No announcement yet.

The idea that one has to fight in Vegas to validate their career is BS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the venue matter? Of course. And let's take out Vegas for the sake of argument. Is it better for a fighter to fight in some small venue in NY to fight at MSG? Not every fighter can sell out big venues at these locations. It's symbolic of their drawing/star power.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
      Does a win count for more depending on the location? Or is it the guy you beat more important?

The same people saying you have to win in vegas to be a star will tell you that belts dont matter, but ketep telling everyone how many titles their favorite fighter has won.

Where a fighter get his win is irrelevant. Boxing is a world wide sport.
      So who gave you that idea? Some posters here dissing Joshua for turning down 50 mil...!!!??? Because I dont see posters here saying that you have to fight in Vegas/America to validate your career.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        As long as they're fighting for money, location will matter as no location can generate more money than Las Vegas.
        thats why munguia and smith fought in vegas and not the uk or mexico right fam?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Why come to me about Broner, dude lost the entire plot man..
          cuz dude is the poster boy for fighting for vacant titles fam

Comment

Your a prize fighter, Vegas offers the most prizes. To be asked to come to Vegas for a big fight matters. Most likely u will be seen by the most people even around the world. Will most likely get paid the most. More money will be placed on the fight than any of previous. Your name will get the most exposure. 90k people in Wembley doesn’t generate the gate of 25k in Vegas. Joshua will take less money to fight in UK, which means Wilder will make less money. I could see how AJ may want to give back to the community by staging the fight in London instead of Vegas taking the windfall. But ur stiffing Wilder, and imagine if it was the other way around? Hearn would call Wilder a p*ssy afraid to leave his comforts to make real money. I’m cdn and our fighters make money for the promoters fighting in Montreal. But it’s created overrated fighters who get exposed and definitely none that try and be great.

Comment

if you don't fight in oakland you aren't legit

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                Yup, just like you dont have to go to nationals as a child to be validated..just hide in your backyard and beat the locals.....
                Andre Ward made Oakland his Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  You are absolutely correct. Boxing is a world sport. So how can a world champion expect to attain international acclaim, glory and exposure if they are only fighting locally, regionally and in one spot?
                  You can just drop the mike on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Andre Ward made Oakland his Vegas
                    Ward fought in Vagas

Comment

I think most boxers would go where the money is, most big names go to vegas for the bigger money. You only fight there once you have that name doe. Especially over the last 15 - 30 years vegas has host a lot of big name/money fights. For the history i still think Madison square garden is the place to fight before you retire from the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X