Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager: Maybe This is Hearn's Way of Killing April Too?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peplz View Post
    Wilder wants to go from making 3 million to making 30 million all in one fight.
    We don't know what Wilder actually makes. Based on Showtime's budget, it's more likely that he's making 4 million per fight than 3 million, but there's no way to know for sure. Filed purses are often bogus.

He's not asking for 30 million. He's just asking for a fair percentage. GGG's filed purse was 1 million for his last fight, but he's still getting 45% against Canelo and could make 20-30 million. That's just how boxing works. If you're part of a huge fight, you make huge money.

Wilder doesn't seem to be willing to accept some of the things that come with the territory of being the B-side fighter.
    He accepted going to the UK. He accepted a flat fee. He accepted a terribly unfair offer. He accepted all of that to prove Hearn was lying about doing the fight next. Now that Wilder proved it, there's no reason for him to ever accept any of that again.

It's the biggest fight possible in boxing. A flat fee is unheard of for a fight this big.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      We don't know what Wilder actually makes. Based on Showtime's budget, it's more likely that he's making 4 million per fight than 3 million, but there's no way to know for sure. Filed purses are often bogus.

He's not asking for 30 million. He's just asking for a fair percentage. GGG's filed purse was 1 million for his last fight, but he's still getting 45% against Canelo and could make 20-30 million. That's just how boxing works. If you're part of a huge fight, you make huge money.

He accepted going to the UK. He accepted a flat fee. He accepted a terribly unfair offer. He accepted all of that to prove Hearn was lying about doing the fight next. Now that Wilder proved it, there's no reason for him to ever accept any of that again.

It's the biggest fight possible in boxing. A flat fee is unheard of for a fight this big.
      It's completely irrational to claim that he accepted anything when he never signed the contract and now says that he never will. The same contract that he calls one sided now. The same one that you say is "terribly unfair". Why would he agree to it if he felt that way? It sounds like he never intended to sign anything.

It's completely false to say that Eddie Hearn was lying about the fight being next. I listened to Shelly Finkel with my own two ears say in his own voice during an interview with Ben Thompson from fighthype.com that he had it in writing from Hearn in the contract that the fight would be Joshua's next fight. And oddly enough he said it as if he didn't even realize that he was confirming what Hearn had been saying in his own interview with Ben Thompson.

It's convenient to claim that the numbers are bogus when they don't work in your favor. It's also convenient to claim that this is the biggest fight in boxing as a way to give Wilder more leverage.

Golovkin didn't earn that leverage. Canelo failing the drug test gave Golovkin that leverage because it caused that event to be postponed. He took advantage of Canelo's fück up. Its definitely not because of his popularity.
      Last edited by peplz; 07-19-2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

It's completely irrational to claim that he accepted anything when he never signed the contract and now says that he never will.
        The contract didn't reflect what he agreed to.

He agreed to 15 million flat, in the UK, as long as the fight was next, with no interim fights.

Hearn sent a contract for 15 million flat, in the UK, with no guarantee of the fight being next.

Wilder agreed to 15 million flat, in the UK, as long as it was next, because he thought Hearn was bluffing about doing it next and wanted to prove the offer was bogus.

Now that he proved it was bogus, he has no obligation to accept the lowball money for a fight in 2019. Hearn is playing games and Wilder isn't going to fall for it.

Comment

The contract didn't reflect what he agreed to.

He agreed to 15 million flat, in the UK, as long as the fight was next, with no interim fights.

Hearn sent a contract for 15 million flat, in the UK, with no guarantee of the fight being next.

Wilder agreed to 15 million flat, in the UK, as long as it was next, because he thought Hearn was bluffing about doing it next and wanted to prove the offer was bogus.

Now that he proved it was bogus, he has no obligation to accept the lowball money for a fight in 2019. Hearn is playing games and Wilder isn't going to fall for it.
          You keep repeating stuff that you know is not true. If your argument can't stand without the lie about the fight not being next you should just stop arguing. Shelly Finkel said out of his own mouth that he had it in writing from Eddie Hearn that the fight would be next. If you repeat the same lie for the third time I will consider it a concession to you being wrong.

Comment

Shelly Finkel said out of his own mouth that he had it in writing from Eddie Hearn that the fight would be next.
            Please provide a link to Finkel saying the CONTRACT guaranteed the fight would be next.

Comment

Please provide a link to Finkel saying the CONTRACT guaranteed the fight would be next.
              https://youtu.be/IO1V_Lag_Vk
              At 56 seconds and 6:45
              I like how you threw in the words "contract" and "guaranteed" to give yourself some wiggle room. Keep moving the goal posts my man. I don't know what else "I have it in writing" is supposed to mean. If he was talking about an email I'm sure he would have said that.

Comment

• [/URL]
                Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

Comment

At 56 seconds and 6:45
                  I like how you threw in the words "contract" and "guaranteed" to give yourself some wiggle room. Keep moving the goal posts my man. I don't know what else "I have it in writing" is supposed to mean. If he was talking about an email I'm sure he would have said that.
                  Did you even listen to your own link?

Finkel said, in the link you posted, that Hearn had said the fight would be next in emails, but when he actually sent the contract, there was no date. Which is exactly what I've been saying. That Hearn said it would be next, and when they called his bluff, he refused to put it in the contract.

You're so ****ing stupid that you accidentally posted a link that proves my position. What a ****ing ****** you must be.

Comment

Did you even listen to your own link?

Finkel said, in the link you posted, that Hearn had said the fight would be next in emails, but when he actually sent the contract, there was no date. Which is exactly what I've been saying. That Hearn said it would be next, and when they called his bluff, he refused to put it in the contract.

You're so ****ing stupid that you accidentally posted a link that proves my position. What a ****ing ****** you must be.
                    Okay you fücking fåg. You kept it civil for so long and at the 11th hour you go in with the insults. It just shows what you really are. You are an internet troll who loses his shît when he realizes he's been proven wrong. All emotion no logic. Next means next. Only in the mind of an ignorant child who falls to the floor and throws temper tantrums does next need an exact time to mean next. Don't choke on that big black dildo you use to fantasize about your imaginary inside information you have about Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

Comment

So in this video Shelly confirmed that he "Had it in writting that they were next". From the video of hearn that i saw his words were exactly that.

Comment

Working...
                      X