Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone retired with two better wins thans Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr.?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe is one of my top 2 favorites of all time but my advice as a fellow fan; let it go. You can't make a big deal out of his resume. He did have nice wins in Kessler, Hopkins, and Jones. But, you can only make so much of an argument with those before looking foolish.
    Fact is, he beat everyone he faced and he left us with a lot of fun fights to watch. That's enough for me. Don't try to make him into the GOAT because there's no ammunition in that gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
      I keep saying Golovkin should have just retired already, during the middle of last year before he showed his age against Kell Brook. He would have went down as one of the greatest fighters of all time, with his last two fights being victories over David Lemiuex and Dominic Wade
      Yes. Greatest of all time.

Especially now after a controversial decision over Jacobs and a gift draw against Canelo.

Good fighter, no doubt, but he's far from an ATG even. Definitely cab driver extraordinar, but his first two tests he just scrapes by :/ not a good look

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Haters will say they were past their prime.
        That's rich coming from you

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          This is a joke right? I mean I like Joe as much as the next guy but saying he didn't fight soft touches or that Jones wasn't shot to crap is just delusional. The Hopkins win holds a bit of weight though. And let's not forget my all time favorite beat down of Jeff Lacy, I still watch that fight til this day, Joe clowned that fool.
          Completely agree, Roy was absolutely finished at that point, prime Roy absolutely merks Calzaghe. I'm a big Joe fan myself but his resume is slightly overrated IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Joe is one of my top 2 favorites of all time but my advice as a fellow fan; let it go. You can't make a big deal out of his resume. He did have nice wins in Kessler, Hopkins, and Jones. But, you can only make so much of an argument with those before looking foolish.
            Fact is, he beat everyone he faced and he left us with a lot of fun fights to watch. That's enough for me. Don't try to make him into the GOAT because there's no ammunition in that gun.
            Very wise words man ����
            Kessler was his best win IMO

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              prime Roy absolutely merks Calzaghe.
              Prime Roid had his chance. But he was beaten and humiliated.

Comment

Originally posted by Danar View Post
                When **** lomo dies at Rigos hands are you going to say he was shot too, you coward?
                If Loma loses then he lost to the better fighter. Not sure why you're emotional about it.

Comment

That's rich coming from you
                  I know, you are right. What was I thinking?

Primes never end.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    If Loma loses then he lost to the better fighter. Not sure why you're emotional about it.

Hahaha! I see you have already come to terms with the inevitable. Resigned to fate huh? hahaha!

I don't get what's so emotional you coward.

Comment

Prime Roid had his chance. But he was beaten and humiliated.
                      If you think that was prime Roy, you really know NOTHING about this sport😭😭😭

HUGE L for you!

Comment

Working...
                      X