No announcement yet.

Performance of the night, Jack Reiss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance of the night, Jack Reiss

The decision to administer a full count to Fury, when many refs would have waved that straight off after that second knockdown, was monumental. Fury looked unconscious when he hit the deck.

That was world class judgement and refereeing from Reiss

The dude deserves massive kudos, he got the big decision correct.

Yeah Jack gave Fury 20 seconds to clear his head after each knockdown. Great work

Comment

I agree.

I do think he gave Fury too much time to recover though. Referees shouldn't have to ask fighters to walk. If a fighter is able to stand still, then he can continue.

Comment

Paulie saying "He's up. He got up" in disbelief was awesome. Fury won me over big time.

Comment

Comment

Not only that, but you hardly even knew he was there throughout the fight, kept the action going. Sign of a topnotch ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
              The decision to administer a full count to Fury, when many refs would have waved that straight off after that second knockdown, was monumental. Fury looked unconscious when he hit the deck.

That was world class judgement and refereeing from Reiss

The dude deserves massive kudos, he got the big decision correct.
              Spot on 100%

Comment

he and david fields are the two best reffs in the sport by far...

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                  I agree.

I do think he gave Fury too much time to recover though. Referees shouldn't have to ask fighters to walk. If a fighter is able to stand still, then he can continue.
                  I feel the same way. I think the ref did a great job overall, I just don't know how I feel about the whole thing with making Fury walk before letting the fight go on. I mean he was literally one second away from being counted out and losing by KO, yet he received even more, very crucial, seconds after that to recover his senses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    Why was Fury given 20 seconds to recover?

Comment

Working...
                    X