Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Luis Ortiz the greatest myth in boxing history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    I just wish there was a heavyweight tournament where the top 16 or so fight each other. This division in particular avoids the toughest fights hoping for a title shot. I have tickets for Jennings/Rivas which should be interesting. Ortiz is not alone with a resume filled with stiffs. How many current top 20 heavy's have records filled with fighting mostly has beens or nobody's? Most of them!
    Wbss for heavys would be sick,
    Sadly they are having financial issues and this season may be the last one.

My ideal 8 contestants would be fury wilder joshua ortiz parker whyte ugonoh miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      Am not saying a fighter is limited to just one tittle shot. All am saying is Ortiz had got his shot and failed. There are other guys too like whyte ranked above him that is yet to get a shot.
      They should get a chance to while Ortiz join the queue again for another shot.
      My comments and opinions are straight forward. Am surprised you still don't understand them.

Why must it be Ortiz again? Is he the only title contender? Give this matter a break.
      You are being a bit rational and sensical here at leaSt. Bit more fair and honest. No running and beating around the bush with excuses. Why ortiz again? In reality because a lot of guys want to see him against joshua now rather than later due to his age. and other than him there are no truly good contenders other than miller whyte and parker. Doesnt have to be him right now, i never said right fkn now lol .... ideally as a huge fan yes haha!!! But .... the point we are making is aj and hearn have been masterminding their duck of him for a long time. So in a way he is long overdue and sort of 'owed' a shot by aj cuz hes been the longest calling him out out of whyte, miller etc. And my ultimate point is that no, he is not a myth or overrated and it doesnt have to be him now and next, but preferably soon (aka after whyte and miller) and without dumb excuses like he bring nothing and he dont speak english bla bla, that dont seem to apply to other guys that get title shots by hearn and wilders team. It can be in 3-4 fights from now say after whyte, miller, wilder and /or fury, but it must be him then, no more fkn excuses. Aj and wilder are at that point in their career now where they cannot fights scrubs as its simply unacceptable, and there isnt a lot to choose from then is there? Ortiz will be a logical top 3 choice imho. The fans should push more and more for the best fighting the best, in the same way we push for thurman to fight only guys like crawford, porter, manny, spence etc from now on, same here with aj and wilder!!! I can live with everything you said as long as you do not have cataracts in your eyes and can see clearly that ortiz is easily a top 5 hw in overall skills and that a fight between him and joshua would be very entertaining
      Last edited by JSN006; 01-12-2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JSN006 View Post
        Wbss for heavys would be sick,
        Sadly they are having financial issues and this season may be the last one.

My ideal 8 contestants would be fury wilder joshua ortiz parker whyte ugonoh miller
        I didn't know that the WBSS was having issues. That sucks. Those 8 you mentioned are definitely a tough group.

Comment

I didn't know that the WBSS was having issues. That sucks. Those 8 you mentioned are definitely a tough group.
          Must add i havent googled it and just heard it in some yt vid. I always thought their model is not sustainable tho, and was a shot in the dark.

Comment

It can be in 3-4 fights from now say after whyte, miller, wilder and /or fury, but it must be him then, no more fkn excuses. Aj and wilder are at that point in their career now where they cannot fights scrubs as its simply unacceptable, and there isnt a lot to choose from then is there? Ortiz will be a logical top 3 choice imho.
            So what should Ortiz do in that time to still be worth a title fight?

It can't be just keeping warm against guys like Cojanu and Kauffman. Needs to be credible right?

Isn't that effectively the same as saying he needs to go back earn his shot again? Which is what half of the posters are saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffee View Post
              So what should Ortiz do in that time to still be worth a title fight?

It can't be just keeping warm against guys like Cojanu and Kauffman. Needs to be credible right?

Isn't that effectively the same as saying he needs to go back earn his shot again? Which is what half of the posters are saying?
              Sure, if they fight him aye. Whyte and miller already ducked him. I never ever said it has to be a title shot right next. If i did, quote me yeah? Anyway, i think i wrote a million posts about this and wanna move on.

He is keeping himself very busy thanks to haymon. He has a fight next on lara-castano in march (some say a tuneup, others andy ruiz) and then its 95% joyce next, proving he will fight anyone.

https://www.*************.com/thread...y-next.622692/

Comment

Ortiz is not alone with a resume filled with stiffs. How many current top 20 heavy's have records filled with fighting mostly has beens or nobody's? Most of them!
                Thankyou sir, exactly this.

Jennings rivas should be a nice one, theyre gOod guys but b level imo, dont have the size power or skills to be champs. Good scrap, still. Hope
                You enjoy it

Comment

You are being a bit rational and sensical here at leaSt. Bit more fair and honest. No running and beating around the bush with excuses. Why ortiz again? In reality because a lot of guys want to see him against joshua now rather than later due to his age. and other than him there are no truly good contenders other than miller whyte and parker. Doesnt have to be him right now, i never said right fkn now lol .... ideally as a huge fan yes haha!!! But .... the point we are making is aj and hearn have been masterminding their duck of him for a long time. So in a way he is long overdue and sort of 'owed' a shot by aj cuz hes been the longest calling him out out of whyte, miller etc. And my ultimate point is that no, he is not a myth or overrated and it doesnt have to be him now and next, but preferably soon (aka after whyte and miller) and without dumb excuses like he bring nothing and he dont speak english bla bla, that dont seem to apply to other guys that get title shots by hearn and wilders team. It can be in 3-4 fights from now say after whyte, miller, wilder and /or fury, but it must be him then, no more fkn excuses. Aj and wilder are at that point in their career now where they cannot fights scrubs as its simply unacceptable, and there isnt a lot to choose from then is there? Ortiz will be a logical top 3 choice imho. The fans should push more and more for the best fighting the best, in the same way we push for thurman to fight only guys like crawford, porter, manny, spence etc from now on, same here with aj and wilder!!! I can live with everything you said as long as you do not have cataracts in your eyes and can see clearly that ortiz is easily a top 5 hw in overall skills and that a fight between him and joshua would be very entertaining
                  Your opinions are great to be honest, I have no issues with them but I have some arguments.

Ortiz jumped ship to the other side, if not he would have fought AJ instead of Podvetkin. That's no AJ's fault. That aside.

The way some fans are pushing for AJ/ortiz is the I and some other fans are desperately pushing for wilder/whyte, but it's on record that if Fury's rematch is not made, wilder favors Breazeale. Me as a fan, it hurts but there is nothing I can do about it. The promoters and the management have their plans.

Am sure at some point Ortiz might get his shot to AJ if he doesn't loose along the line but at the moment I favor whyte rematch cos I believe whyte deserve the shot the most amongst all the contenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                    Your opinions are great to be honest, I have no issues with them but I have some arguments.

Ortiz jumped ship to the other side, if not he would have fought AJ instead of Podvetkin. That's no AJ's fault. That aside.

The way some fans are pushing for AJ/ortiz is the I and some other fans are desperately pushing for wilder/whyte, but it's on record that if Fury's rematch is not made, wilder favors Breazeale. Me as a fan, it hurts but there is nothing I can do about it. The promoters and the management have their plans.

Am sure at some point Ortiz might get his shot to AJ if he doesn't loose along the line but at the moment I favor whyte rematch cos I believe whyte deserve the shot the most amongst all the contenders.
                    Yes he jumped ship but its not like eddie was offering him the fight with the joke 2fight style renewable contracts against allens and maliks. And then the wba removing him off mando And rankings based on another bodys findings and not even a final resolution... that was fishier than a skanks panties, lets be honest.

Its cool that ur a fan of whyte and want the rematch, i have no problem waiting for whyte and miller and fury/wilder as long as ortiz is paid attention to and eddie slots him in somewhere in between or even last, although thats a crazy schedule and id expect aj to take a break somewhere and either fight a can or a semi decent guy like pulev (who is ibf mando anyway i believe) or a kabayel, ruiz, helenius, dimitrenko level of opponent to catch a breather.

Now, i do agree whyte has done the best out of him/miller/ortiz trio based on their last 4 outings, but .... do you really believe the aj rematch will be any different based on his last best 2 outings in parker and chisora2? The parker fight wasnt exactly a tremendous performance, and while he was dominant against chisora, he wasnt thaaaat dominant.

Wilder whyte would be a great fight, i would and have welcomed that before. Coincidentally he was offered a 2nd mando eliminator with ortiz and him and eddie declined to fight 'grandpa' ... anyways. Both that fight and aj/wilder are salivating matchups, unfortunately just like aj ortiz that seems to be the one fight that wilders promoters seem to really really avoid even just mentioning, styles make fights and maybe whytes style is all wrong for deontay and he/they sense it? His bodyshots and scrappy style? Miller is similar too. Who knows.

P.S. whyte has the best left hook at hw ever. Not even tua and wlad are better imo. The helenius fight, helenius came in short notice with an injury (arm or shoulder iirc) and whyte still cudnt finish him, helenius was tough as nails tho! One tough sob he is because whyte battered his ribs, body and face endlessly. When they mention ortizs 'bad' performances against allen and malik and mention whyte in the same sentence i like to say at least ortiz finished allen and kauffman even if it took long and he knocked malik down 3 times despite all the running and survival style of fight he came with. The browne fight ... i rate browne unlike many, he is an ex world champ after all against a credible guy in chagaev, even if it was the regular wba title. Sadly in that fight he was out of shape and whyte gave a tremendous perfect performance there, i just wonder what browne cudve done had he been in shape. Dillian would win regardless but it could have been less one sided, more competitive and action packed on both sides.
                    Last edited by JSN006; 01-13-2019, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Oritz: If he fought AJ or was going to fight AJ he would had been a good win or his biggest risk

He fought Wilder and lost now he is a bum

Comment

Working...
                      X