Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC Heavweight Division / What a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I'm a straight up casual MMA fan so I'm not even going to act like an expert on here. But, I will say this, from what I've seen as a casual spectator UFC has slowly moved from sport to entertainment. I'm sure the sport aspect is still there of course and the competition and rankings. But at the same time having Lesnar barge in without even being ranked or having fought in 2 years and automatically getting a title shot shows what the UFC cares more about. It is what it is. I'm not a big enough MMA fan to sit here and criticize. I'll watch it but I do think Cormier will beat Lesnar unless it goes to the ground where Lesnar might have an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by LITTLE JOE View Post
      The new heavyweight champion has a giant hog belly. Tony Tubbs and Greg Page have nothing on this guy. Have some pride in yourself Cormier and UFC. You don't see the boxing heavyweight champions in the ring with a giant beer gut. Embarrasing.
      What does that tell you about the UFC heavyweights and the former champion Miocic to get knocked out by a fat out of shape slob who is not known for his power? Now Lesnar who cannot punch is 40 years old and hasn't beat anyone of note for YEARS, gets a title shot. Yeah I do know it's about the money with Lesnar with his name appeal. I say the hog Cormier knocks him out too.The major boxing sanctioning body's have been awful in the past but the UFC tops them with this garbage.
      Yes but don't forget he is the baddest man on the planet. At least that is what their announcers tell us every chance they get. Funny how the best pro boxers make so much more money per fight and don't have mutilated ears.

Comment

Fat, tubby guys are bad asses as well. Daniel Cormier is one of the best of all time, he's beat the hell out of a lot of dangerous folks that were much bigger and fitter than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
          "a gypsy on coke" lol that fat gypsy has more stamina than any MMA fighter. Don't kid yourself as shit as the current boxing heavyweight division is it is ions better than the MMA HW division
          The fat gypo was sweating like a walrus at the end of his last fight and he barely threw a punch against a fat builder. Mr Fury has a long, long way to go before he can be taken seriously again.

Comment

The HW division is a little thin. Cormier is a great fighter, I'm happy for him. Stipe is a good HW also. It thins out a bit then, Overeem is hit and miss, Ngannou's stock has dropped.

Velasquez is obviously great but has had a nightmare with injuries. The whole Lesnar thing isn't getting me too excited just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              The HW division is a little thin. Cormier is a great fighter, I'm happy for him. Stipe is a good HW also. It thins out a bit then, Overeem is hit and miss, Ngannou's stock has dropped.

Velasquez is obviously great but has had a nightmare with injuries. The whole Lesnar thing isn't getting me too excited just yet.
              Cormier will get hit with an F5!

Comment

Working...
              X