Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leonard Ellerbe schooling UK casuals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great for British Boxing that the fights are here.

But of course Brits would travel to go out there.

We've been staying up until 5 a.m. for years though. So I think even if AJ did go out there his star is that high now that they'd have to change the start time to suit a British audience.

Has that ever happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

We've been staying up until 5 a.m. for years though. So I think even if AJ did go out there his star is that high now that they'd have to change the start time to suit a British audience.

Has that ever happened?
      That would never happen. People on the East Coast complain the Main Event in Vegas doesn't start until 11:30-12:00am.

Comment

Vegas gate money for a big fight is far more than even the UK stadium fights, even with 4x less capacity. It's just a fact.

Joshua v Wilder in Vegas would have a very big gate receipt, i'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post

Has that ever happened?
          Doubt it happens.

USA Networks, sponsors and advertisers will want it at prime time.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            That would never happen. People on the East Coast complain the Main Event in Vegas doesn't start until 11:30-12:00am.
            I think that's a massive issue then.

Hatton was popular but Joshua is stratospheric.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              Vegas gate money for a big fight is far more than even the UK stadium fights, even with 4x less capacity. It's just a fact.

Joshua v Wilder in Vegas would have a very big gate receipt, i'm sure.
              OK name me the highest Vegas gate for two fighters that have never been on US PPV.

Comment

73,000 homeless people could afford to attend a Joshua fight yet they beating Vegas on the gate?

That dude f#cking nuts. I've become more of a fan of Ellerbe lately as a pure promoter instead of Floyd's sock puppet or w/e he used to be.

But Joshua seemed to say he wants to stay in the UK so fair play to him. And Wilder should be like w/e lets go cuz if Parker legit made $18M tonight like some were saying than Wilder should be getting $20M+.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  73,000 homeless people could afford to attend a Joshua fight yet they beating Vegas on the gate?

That dude f#cking nuts. I've become more of a fan of Ellerbe lately as a pure promoter instead of Floyd's sock puppet or w/e he used to be.

But Joshua seemed to say he wants to stay in the UK so fair play to him. And Wilder should be like w/e lets go cuz if Parker legit made $18M tonight like some were saying than Wilder should be getting $20M+.
                  The tickets were around the same price as Wilder-Ortiz. That had an 12k attendance. Yes they're beating Joshua-Wilder in Vegas. Because Joshua-Wilder aren't draws in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    The tickets were around the same price as Wilder-Ortiz. That had an 12k attendance. Yes they're beating Joshua-Wilder in Vegas. Because Joshua-Wilder aren't draws in America.
                    Wilder-Ortiz was in New York not Vegas. So you're saying a Joshua fight in the UK is priced the same as a Wilder fight in New York. Thanks for proving the point

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                      Ok the fight is in the USA but what's holding the fight all we need is for Wilder to agree to his 32% and if AJ doesn't take the fight his team is scare
                      Why should Wilder accept 32% if they gave Parker 40%

If they really offered 32% to Wilder then it is obvious.....ducking and aint going to happen this fight!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X