Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How confident are you in Ward's ability to stand up to 12 rounds of power from GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Supremely confident. How confident are you that GGG won't get his ears boxed off should they fight?
    I'm not very confident either way.

It's kind of like a Floyd vs Manny situation (matchup-wise). We can think up "evidence" for why one would beat the other, but the fact is neither has faced anyone like the other and it's impossible to predict what would happen.

A year ago I would have said 60-40 Ward. Now, with Ward's long layoff and GGG's impressive showings since, I say 55-45 Ward.

Comment

Ward needs to be active if he fancies GGG

Comment

I'm confident that Andre Ward doesn't get seriously hit for 12 rounds. Given he is the same fighter since the layoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          No way has he fought anyone with GGG's blend of power and skills. Ward was hurt by Arthur Abraham and was ready to go in the Boone fight. GGG stops Ward.
          This dwarf needs glasses.

GGG has not fought anybody with Ward's skill and IQ.

Abraham cruises through G's resume with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
            You mean the Rubio that was destroyed in 30 seconds by Jantuah??

GGG drops his hands and pulls straight back.
            Ward will be all over that shi.t.
            Be legit with me,do you honestly think that ward will go the full 12 rounds,without getting his chin,or his body checked against ggg? I just dont see ward getting close enough to "be all over that ****" against golovkin,without being in the danger zone. I'll be honest,ward has a good shot of getting way with the descision,if he manages to stay away from golovkin for the 12 rounds,and keeps pumping the jab nonstop. But if he makes it a close,clinching fight,golovkin has far more than a punchers chance,to put sog on his back.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
              I'm not very confident either way.

It's kind of like a Floyd vs Manny situation (matchup-wise). We can think up "evidence" for why one would beat the other, but the fact is neither has faced anyone like the other and it's impossible to predict what would happen.

A year ago I would have said 60-40 Ward. Now, with Ward's long layoff and GGG's impressive showings since, I say 55-45 Ward.
              As far as power goes Ward has faced big punchers before so i'm confident he'll have no problem with GGG. GGG however has faced nobody near as good as Ward, especially on the inside. Has GGG even faced someone who will take the fight directly to him? Ward has a pension for stepping to punchers, it's the way he was taught.

Comment

I'm not even confident it makes financial sense for GGG, fück 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  I'm not even confident it makes financial sense for GGG, fück 12 rounds.
                  Financial sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Pepper View Post
                    This dwarf needs glasses.

GGG has not fought anybody with Ward's skill and IQ.

Abraham cruises through G's resume with ease.
                    IQ lol Dopey ass Ward's IQ is minuscule when you consider how ****ing terrible all his career decisions have been. Golovkin has an am record of 345-5. He is a match for Ward in the boxing department whether you want to believe this or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Financial sense?
                      Actually Ward is known for overpricing himself and would probably want PPV level money for the GGG fight so I can totally see why it doesn't make much financial sense for GGG.

As for your other post, I see some pretty big assumptions there:

1) that GGG can't fight on the inside.

2) that GGG's power doesn't carry up to whatever weight they will fight at.

3) that Ward can bully GGG on the inside.

If Ward beats GGG, it will be by outboxing him, not by "taking the fight to him" imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X