Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should i start going to a gym?(bag video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4NI5xonqlQ
    for a late starter.. who completely sucked **** at punching... i guess he improved in 2 years XD! i wonder if he still trains!
    Not really, been dealing with some health issues, starting to get back into things a little.

heres another video from around the same time as the one you linked (late 2010).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm3uB8fp0BE

Comment

• lolz, nice troll thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        Not really, been dealing with some health issues, starting to get back into things a little.

heres another video from around the same time as the one you linked (late 2010).

its nice to see ppl showing their passion for boxing even past their physical peak ! hope you get back to it smoothly!
        Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
        lolz, nice troll thread
        haha oh come on, he has improved it seems XD.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          this guy was in the history section trying to convince us that george foreman couldn't punch. if i had the searching skills, i'd bump the thread.

i think that's what caused him to run off. by the end he was all "you know, i may be wrong on this one."
          http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/se...archid=5933818

Some gems.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...Foreman&page=4

Comment

• a 25 year old joe louis would have gone 8 rounds with ali only to get knocked out.

is that what your saying?

Comment

Saw ur first video and saw this one, great improvement man! U had balls to post ur first vid, but in doing so it pushed u to improve and you've benefited... Keep it up!
              Reminds me of this quote; “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                Saw ur first video and saw this one, great improvement man! U had balls to post ur first vid, but in doing so it pushed u to improve and you've benefited... Keep it up!
                Reminds me of this quote; “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
                great quote brah

Comment

If you do happen to get back into it, and you should really go to a gym if you're serious at all, you need to work out your feet. Priority. At the moment you're just throwing random punches without any form or balance behind them. You've got to set your feet under you and learn how to do simple footwork with your basic punches.

You're just throwing punches without using your feet at all. I'd suggest just working on a jab, and learning to step in and out with it. Ie. when you jab, you step in with your front foot, rather than not moving your feet at all. As you jab, step with your front foot as you push off with your back foot to gain strength behind it, then follow it immediately with your back foot so you end up back in your stance with both feet still under you.

It's fine if you're just messing around, but if you want to learn boxing as you said, you've got to start at the start. Forget all the leaping left hooks, ten punch combinations, and all the other random, and useless, stuff you're doing.

First, just learn how to step. Forward, backward, side to side. Whichever way you move, that foot goes first, followed immediately by the other foot. Small steps from your basic stance and ending up in your basic stance again. Then, just focus on stepping with your jab. Just a simple straight jab whilst stepping in with it at the same time. Don't step with a jab, then follow with one of those five punch swinging combos.

Throwing punches without your feet gets you nowhere. Your body is divided into two separate halves at the moment. You need to get your upper body working in tandem with your legs, rather than hindering each other, or just your upper body working while your lower half stands around looking confused.

Anyway, I'd strongly suggest going to a gym, because you can't learn by yourself and no one here can teach you properly apart from very basic pointers. You need someone to show you where to start, because you're learning ass backward at the moment.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    If you do happen to get back into it, and you should really go to a gym if you're serious at all, you need to work out your feet. Priority. At the moment you're just throwing random punches without any form or balance behind them. You've got to set your feet under you and learn how to do simple footwork with your basic punches.

You're just throwing punches without using your feet at all. I'd suggest just working on a jab, and learning to step in and out with it. Ie. when you jab, you step in with your front foot, rather than not moving your feet at all. As you jab, step with your front foot as you push off with your back foot to gain strength behind it, then follow it immediately with your back foot so you end up back in your stance with both feet still under you.

It's fine if you're just messing around, but if you want to learn boxing as you said, you've got to start at the start. Forget all the leaping left hooks, ten punch combinations, and all the other random, and useless, stuff you're doing.

First, just learn how to step. Forward, backward, side to side. Whichever way you move, that foot goes first, followed immediately by the other foot. Small steps from your basic stance and ending up in your basic stance again. Then, just focus on stepping with your jab. Just a simple straight jab whilst stepping in with it at the same time. Don't step with a jab, then follow with one of those five punch swinging combos.

Throwing punches without your feet gets you nowhere. Your body is divided into two separate halves at the moment. You need to get your upper body working in tandem with your legs, rather than hindering each other, or just your upper body working while your lower half stands around looking confused.

Anyway, I'd strongly suggest going to a gym, because you can't learn by yourself and no one here can teach you properly apart from very basic pointers. You need someone to show you where to start, because you're learning ass backward at the moment.
                    IMO you cannot adequately access some ones foot work based on a bag video unless it is absolutely awful. furthermore, there isn't a single point in the video that you quoted, that you see below my knees, so how you can tell what im doing with my feet is quite the mystery.

IMO I used my feet quite a lot, quite correctly, I was going to a gym, and the coach was quite impressed.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 07-03-2014, 01:35 AM.

Comment

IMO you cannot adequately access some ones foot work based on a bag video unless it is absolutely awful. furthermore, there isn't a single point in the video that you quoted, that you see below my knees, so how you can tell what im doing with my feet is quite the mystery.

IMO I used my feet quite a lot, quite correctly, I was going to a gym, and the coach was quite impressed.
                      i didnt read his post coz its too long, but relax . u can tell footwork just based on positioning/balance etc.
                      however, he is probably referring to the original video. although u can further improve that aspect of ur game for sure. keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                      X