Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you put the Mayweather-McGregor winner on your p4p list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you put the Mayweather-McGregor winner on your p4p list?

would a win over a debuting mcgregor be sufficient enough to put floyd back on your p4p list?

Or if mcgregor shocks the world and wins, does he get included on your list as well?

Normally yeah but it's a no in this situation because it will be Floyd's last one.

Comment

No on both counts, but let's see what the fight looks like.

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
      would a win over a debuting mcgregor be sufficient enough to put floyd back on your p4p list?

Or if mcgregor shocks the world and wins, does he get included on your list as well?
      Floyd has made it clear that he's not planning on returning to boxing; this is an exhibition that will likely end up seeing the two camps splitting $400m on the fight, and should be treated as such.

Beyond that, even though Floyd basically skunked Berto in his last fight, it was even clear in that fight that signs were starting to slow of Floyd slipping (stalling for time, missing on counters, etc).

If Floyd shows up old, and Conor beats an old man, he gets less credit for the win in the sport, regardless of what it says about his starpower.

Comment

McGregor goes straight to #1.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
          Normally yeah but it's a no in this situation because it will be Floyd's last one.
          Good point. i usually dont believe him whenever he has his retirements, but after this one i would be surprised if he came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            Floyd has made it clear that he's not planning on returning to boxing; this is an exhibition that will likely end up seeing the two camps splitting $400m on the fight, and should be treated as such.

Beyond that, even though Floyd basically skunked Berto in his last fight, it was even clear in that fight that signs were starting to slow of Floyd slipping (stalling for time, missing on counters, etc).

If Floyd shows up old, and Conor beats an old man, he gets less credit for the win in the sport, regardless of what it says about his starpower.
            This time, i do think that floyd will actually stay retired for good so i can see not having him for that reason. Regardless of floyd's age though, if conor pulls it off i'd give him full credit for the W as long as its not a robbery, or any other controversial result. It would truly be a massive upset

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              McGregor goes straight to #1.
              Wouldnt be surprised if people believe that

Comment

Floyd is automatically #1 P4P King when he comes back but this is it for him so Andre "S.O.G." Ward stays at #1 P4P. McGregor aint gon do ish....

Comment

Let's cut the shyt, MacGruber wouldn't beat Floyd Sr. in a strict boxing rules match up. Sr. would stop him like Jr. will.

I'm not joking around, in a straight up boxing only rules officiated by the book Sr. for me would beat him on points over 4x3 minutes or 6x2 minute rounds, the only hope MacGruber would have of beating Sr. is him gassing which realistically he'd had.
                  Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 08-18-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

No. Mayweather is retired. If Mayweather said he would continue to box after beating Conor I still wouldn't put him in the top 10 PFP because I think he is too old and past prime to beat guys like Spence, Crawford and Thurman. If he beat any of them he would make my list but beating Conor doesn't get him there. If Conor wins then I would probably believe the fight was fixed to ensure a money making rematch unless Conor showed me vastly better skills than I have seen from him so far. If Conor won and I though it was legit and not fixed then I would probably put him somewhere in the top 10 and look forward to his next boxing match to further evaluate him as a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                    X