Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parker's first title defence: Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker's first title defence: Hughie Fury?

Now that Haye is fighting Tony Bellow, it looks like Parker's first defense will be against Hughie Fury in March or April.

Thoughts? I think much like the Ruiz fight, a large part will depend on whether the fight is held in the UK or in NZ. Parker has 5 months off too, so it will be interesting to see how a long break serves him given he usually only has 2-3 months between fights.

Not impressed with Parker he's a pillow puncher of a heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
      Not impressed with Parker he's a pillow puncher of a heavyweight
      Did you mistakenly type parker instead of fury?

Parker has some vicious KO's, fury is as feather fisted as his cousin...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        Did you mistakenly type parker instead of fury?

Parker has some vicious KO's, fury is as feather fisted as his cousin...

Feather fisted fighters don't rack up KO's bud.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Come off it, don't pretend either fury is a big puncher when they clearly aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            Come off it, don't pretend either fury is a big puncher when they clearly aren't.

I wouldn't say he's a big puncher, (can't speak for Hughie, haven't watched him enough and don't consider myself a "fan") but he's not feather fisted by any means. Power just isn't his outstanding attribute.

Comment

I don't think Parker is anywhere near the best heavyweight in the world. I do think he is good enough to beat Hughie.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Big difference between KO wins and TKO wins, Fists of Fluff has like 1 KO win in his last 7-8 fights and that was against Cunningham which we all know should have been a NC after the stoppage.

Eugh-ie Fluff was busted for using strength increasing PED's as well but the UKAD kept it secret until after Fluff fought Klitschko in a hugely lucrative ppv. Fluff opened a cut on Wlad in the fifth round, 7 rounds later the cut was no worse.

Conclusion.
                The cousins are both feather fisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Synch View Post
                  Now that Haye is fighting Tony Bellow, it looks like Parker's first defense will be against Hughie Fury in March or April.

Thoughts? I think much like the Ruiz fight, a large part will depend on whether the fight is held in the UK or in NZ. Parker has 5 months off too, so it will be interesting to see how a long break serves him given he usually only has 2-3 months between fights.
                  Miller said Hughie refused to fight an eliminator so Miller will be the mandatory. I don't know the WBO rules for winning vacant titles and i haven't checked into what Miller said yet

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Miller said Hughie refused to fight an eliminator so Miller will be the mandatory. I don't know the WBO rules for winning vacant titles and i haven't checked into what Miller said yet
                    Cheers, news to me.

The fact that Haye would rather fight Bellow and Hughie running from an eliminator fight speaks volumes to me. Parker may not be top 5 material, but people aren't rushing in to take him on.

Comment

Working...
                    X