Conniving Loeffler on Oscars Flat fee demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
    Theres no reason Golovkin shouldn't accept a reasonable flat fee
    It has to be really reasonable.. Would GGG get any of the ppv? That would suck. I'll order the fight to watch Canelo vs GGG, not Canelo alone. I haven't saw Canelo on ppv since Mayweather and that wasn't even for him. GGG deserves a fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
      It has to be really reasonable.. Would GGG get any of the ppv? That would suck. I'll order the fight to watch Canelo vs GGG, not Canelo alone. I haven't saw Canelo on ppv since Mayweather and that wasn't even for him. GGG deserves a fair share.
      Green K sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        He's a lot more reasonable than the posters here. He doesn't completely turn down the idea.
        Nor should he if they really want a big fight..they will have to bend atleast once

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          I think GGG should get at least as much money as Khan got for fighting Canelo since it's a much bigger fight than Canelo-Khan was. I heard Khan got 13 million dollars but I don't know if that is accurate. I don't think this fight will ever happen because GGG should win it and Oscar doesn't want another loss on Canelo's record. I think Oscar will make a very low offer which will be rightfully turned down.
          No one knows what Khan actually got, but it's pretty obvious that he got a package (if I had to guess, $2m/$3m on the fight, the UK TV rights to the event, and likely some upside on the PPV beyond the level that the event got to).

Why can't Golovkin get the same package? $3m plus the Germany/Europe TV rights to the fight, and a share on the PPV over 700k PPVs?

If Golovkin is really the "big drama show", that package should be worth a **** ton to Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            Loeffler should be more subtle for what's in his best interest during interviews... smirks when answering major deals like K2's never at fault. K2 nor the media ever disclose out of curiosity what HE feels is satisfactory with splits. He never talks about $$$ for obvious reasons. Golovkin, the protected boxer
            maybe he realizes that trying to negotiate through the media rarely bears fruit. Or, maybe he just thinks that however Canelo and GGG end up splitting THEIR money is really none of your business, and they dont need your approval or care what you think about it....
            Last edited by OnePunch; 09-08-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              No one knows what Khan actually got, but it's pretty obvious that he got a package (if I had to guess, $2m/$3m on the fight, the UK TV rights to the event, and likely some upside on the PPV beyond the level that the event got to).

Why can't Golovkin get the same package? $3m plus the Germany/Europe TV rights to the fight, and a share on the PPV over 700k PPVs?

If Golovkin is really the "big drama show", that package should be worth a **** ton to Golovkin.
              700k is too high a number, as it implies that Canelo can do 700k on his own, therefore all that money is his. I do not believe he can draw 700k buys on his own

I would say the upside should kick in at whatever number Canelo-Smith does, because that is a more accurate measure of how many buys Canelo can do on his own.......

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                700k is too high a number, as it implies that Canelo can do 700k on his own, therefore all that money is his. I do not believe he can draw 700k buys on his own

I would say the upside should kick in at whatever number Canelo-Smith does, because that is a more accurate measure of how many buys Canelo can do on his own.......
                I honestly think GGG should take whatever deal that gets Canelo in the damn ring..win that fight and then he can call the shots..As of right now Canelo doesnt have to fight him now or ever if he doesnt want to..

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                  what do you mean getting any share on the PPV? If Golovkin gets a massive fee on the front end, with Alvarez getting his own pay on the back-end, what is the share actually?

People **** on it, but it's no different than with the Mayweather offer to Pacquiao; rather than deal with the promotional BS, here's your pay on the front end, I'll bare the risk on the fight, and make my own money on the back-end.

$40m to Pacquiao, plus the costs of putting on/promoting the event, likely has the costs of the event near $55m. Assume a $15m proceed on the gate, and Floyd would still be looking at needing to generate ~$80m on PPV to cover the cost; depending on how agressively the event were priced, Floyd would need the event to generate 1.25m PPV buys before he saw a penny. Floyd would basically need to match the Oscar De La Hoya PPV buyrate to get his own $40m on the fight.

85/15, if everyone is being honest about it, would likely be the "split" on Alvarez-Golovkin; K2 simply needs to do their due diligence, project out the possible net proceeds on the fight as best as they can, and then work for a pay package worth 15% of that net number.

a package worth $4m/$5m (with upside on the various parts) would be more than equitable.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    maybe he realizes that trying to negotiate through the media rarely bears fruit. Or, maybe he just thinks that however Canelo and GGG end up splitting THEIR money is really none of your business, and they dont need your approval or care what you think about it....
                    yeah man, disclosing percentages is a new thing and exclusive to American Samoan. but it's practical to lie about things in general ala K2, like never making an effort to publicize Golovkin vs Lee a year for the supposed tragic loss even though he continued to fight just like any boxer in history who lost a relative close to a bout or title match.

Of course to One Punch Productions, K2 can do no wrong. You starting an ice cream company or going back to promoting?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      yeah man, disclosing percentages is a new thing and exclusive to American Samoan. but it's practical to lie about things in general ala K2, like never making an effort to publicize Golovkin vs Lee a year for the supposed tragic loss even though he continued to fight just like any boxer in history who lost a relative close to a bout or title match.

Of course to One Punch Productions, K2 can do no wrong. You starting an ice cream company or going back to promoting?
                      Nah, my days of promoting are over. As for K2, they can do PLENTY wrong. For starters Loeffler needs to quit with the "nice guy" routine.... "I have alot of respect for Golden Boy and we have a great relationship and blah blah blah.....". meanwhile Oscar makes Loeffler look like a clown....

Either publicly call them out about their nonsense, or just shut up alltogether. Im tired of hearing it.......
                      Last edited by OnePunch; 09-08-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X