Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Deal With DAZN is 11 Fights, $365 Million Guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN just got the biggest star in Boxing.

Now that's made things interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      DAZN just got the biggest star in Boxing.

Now that's made things interesting.
      It's interesting because Canelo has to carry the entire US platform. He basically can't lose. At least not anytime soon.

And this whole DAZN thing is new. It's not a known commodity like ESPN, SHO or FOX. Hell if fighters were reluctant to go their don't you think comsumers will be too.

Comment

• DAZN will get there money back....

Canelo fighting GGG/Fields gets them approximately $200 million back. Canelo fighting between 160-168 for 11 fights DAZN will do just fine. Throw in fighting BJS, Hurd, Ramirez?. It was a smart move for both parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
          Am I the only person that thinks it's wrong to use Canelo to get GBP a deal for their whole roster? If I were Canelo I would make Oscar give me a % from the whole roster or a share in GBP before letting that fishnet cokehead use me.
          What makes you think he doesn’t have a shared stake in GBP?

Comment

• Good move for Canelo imo because I feel like dazn ridiculously overpaid for him.

Watch them drop a ton on cash on that hypejob Kingry next lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
              You can watch it on a smart T.V like i do or you can put it on your phone and mirror it on your T.V

If you do the math it's a lot cheaper than getting Showtime or HBO and I think that might be DAZN's edge
              Thanks!

Right now I pay like $7.99 for Showtime and like $14 for HBO but only order it for the month when a fight is on I want to see. Then cancel.

Can I just order it 1 month at a time or does it have to be like a subscription???

Comment

• I think they overpaid quite a bit. But fast Eddie will promote well some lousy cards.. Good for Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Good move for Canelo imo because I feel like dazn ridiculously overpaid for him.

Oh yeah, but obviously DAZN's not paying just for Canelo's events. They're paying for the prestige he brings, and the fact that more high-level boxers, particularly in the MW division, are now more likely to sign with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    if they play it right they can build him up and squeeze a lot of $$ out of his fights before he gets exposed

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                      Thanks!

Right now I pay like $7.99 for Showtime and like $14 for HBO but only order it for the month when a fight is on I want to see. Then cancel.

Can I just order it 1 month at a time or does it have to be like a subscription???
                      You can subscribe and cancel on a month to month basis.

Comment

Working...
                      X